First Day Out Ever

Sandsweeper

Hi all, well today was my first day out with my MD , I went to Hornsea beach which is on the east coast if England near Kingston Upon Hull ( for those of you that don't know). I never got much, just quite a few pieces of lead and within 2 minutes of me stepping on the beach , I found a Manchester United badge ( I support Liverpool) . As it was my first ever find though I will keep it with pride .

Congrats and don't be discouraged, many starting out just find trash at first like pull-tabs, bottle caps, wire pieces, ect :lol:

Whenever you have time post a picture of that badge !

Way to go . The guys who hunt beaches know how to read sand . Sand is always moving ... getting blown and washed around . Big storm make those sea side hunters lick their chops . Anything can be anywhere but the sand can hold pockets of heavy stuff ... almost sorted by weight and time . I can't wait to see some of your future posts of finds . Remember we love to see all the stuff not just the the amaizing .
Did you pick up a little clad? Some pocket change for the jar? Good luck out there. I do not get much time on the sand but there are some amaizing hunters here that can help you along . Just post questions .
HH , Dew

Sorry but I don't see it here or on your profile. Try again because I love seeing other peoples finds, especially finds that are not usually found in the US.

Welcome to the forum. You are off to a good start. Remember, hunt slow and keep your coil flat to the ground. The good stuff is their. You just have to get that coil over it .
I live in the United States, but right now I am in the Philippines for the winter. KEN. :D

If your machine says there’s a metallic target of ANY kind and you actually dig up a piece of metal....that’s where it all starts. From there it’s all learning the “language” of the F44 and being able to interpret what it is saying. Not everything it will say will be obvious,this is where spending ALOT of time with it will accelerate you forward in the learning process. Certain types of targets will be easier to find than others for a variety of reasons. PAY ATTENTION to what you dig and how it responded...LEARN from every target you dig.
The better you get at deciphering trash from treasure,the more you will want to go, because you will have confidence in your own ability and the ability of your machine. There are lots of great things to find out there,you will undoubtedly find MANY of them.

Badge I found

Attachments

• 20180113_181234.jpg
    20180113_181234.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 96
Great finds!!! Awesome first day!!! Keep it up. A lot of history on your side of the pond. Good luck and Happy Hunting!!!

Back
Top Bottom