Starting School Tomorrow

Hey it could be worse...you could be the ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL about to welcome 4,200 students! GOOD LUCK!

Here's A Good One!

I was told this over 20 years ago & it's still funny!

Stay in college & see it through because if they can make penicillian out of moldy bread they can make something out of you! :lol:

Good luck!!

Hey it could be worse...you could be the ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL about to welcome 4,200 students! GOOD LUCK!

There is no public school near the size of that in my county. The biggest school in the area is my High School, and there are just under 1100. Good luck! Are you the only AP?

There is no public school near the size of that in my county. The biggest school in the area is my High School, and there are just under 1100. Good luck! Are you the only AP?

THANK GOD NO! At present we have 4 AP's. We used to have 5 but with the severe budget cutbacks in the school district in the last 2 years they unallocated each high school one less AP and many middle schools lost one each also. The work load for discipline and covering sporting events has been a bear.

THANK GOD NO! At present we have 4 AP's. We used to have 5 but with the severe budget cutbacks in the school district in the last 2 years they unallocated each high school one less AP and many middle schools lost one each also. The work load for discipline and covering sporting events has been a bear.

We had 3 AP's at one point, way to many in my opinion. Now they are down to 2.

Shouldn't the number of APs, like the number of teachers in a school, scale in proportion to the number of students in the school?

Shouldn't the number of APs, like the number of teachers in a school, scale in proportion to the number of students in the school?

Yes Rudy, in our school district there's a formula for that. However, because of the steep dive in property values educational funding in Florida took a nose dive. School districts had to make tough choices in funding. I estimate that our non-school site administrative bureaucracy was cut by close to 30-40%. I feel it may be too lean which caused a brain drain which has impacted all facets of the school system. School site saw smaller cuts - the one AP per school. Everybody is doing more on less. I have not seen a raise in 3 years (No COLA's either!)

Yes Rudy, in our school district there's a formula for that. However, because of the steep dive in property values educational funding in Florida took a nose dive. School districts had to make tough choices in funding. I estimate that our non-school site administrative bureaucracy was cut by close to 30-40%. I feel it may be too lean which caused a brain drain which has impacted all facets of the school system. School site saw smaller cuts - the one AP per school. Everybody is doing more on less. I have not seen a raise in 3 years (No COLA's either!)

Yeah, it's tough all around. Not just educators. It affects both the public and private sector.

Taking semester off

Lucky for me I am taking a semester off from college to try and get some more dough!:D Sadly that means working 5 days a week at a grocery store! Dang I wish I could detect more often. :(

HH Michael

Back
Top Bottom