Help making a choice-new to the game!

SMCNP01

Hi everyone. Looking for advice please. Am just starting out and after a lot of research and what’s available near me, would like you thoughts as to which prepares to buy. I have the choice of a White’s IDX pro or a Quest q40 for very similar prices.Both with pretty much the same accessories etc. I am looking for a good all rounder. What do you think?

Welcome from SW WI

Lot of great options, why limit those two? The Idx, might be a bit dated, and if I'm not mistaken I thought I heard Quest, had quit supporting the US market.

What's hour budget? Is that budget include accessories? What type of hunting would you be interested in? What type of ground or water are you hunting? Location?(monetization of the ground)

Help us help you

Hi, thanks for replying.Well they were the 2 that I found for sale near me. I am in the UK and have a budget of about £300. I guess it would be more for general terrain/fields/ woods and maybe beach. Not worried about water. I didn’t want one that I would be wanting to upgrade in a year but one that was good for beginners too! I don’t want much do I? :lol:

Hi, thanks for replying.Well they were the 2 that I found for sale near me. I am in the UK and have a budget of about £300. I guess it would be more for general terrain/fields/ woods and maybe beach. Not worried about water. I didn’t want one that I would be wanting to upgrade in a year but one that was good for beginners too! I don’t want much do I? :lol:

For just a little more money you can get a Makro Racer 2 and having gone down that route myself, I think you would be very pleased...

Remember you will probably also want a pin pointer, although so of the "kits"/"packs" come with a pin pointer....

Thanks but having had a look around that seems to be a little outside my top end of budget. I am still trying to get reviews of the Quest 40 which seems good for £330

Quest Q40 is a good detector. Quest is still in business in the Netherlands and Asia I think. Their USA representative fled the USA although he is named in the second lawsuit between First Texas (Fisher, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter) for breach of the first lawsuit settlement based on stealing intellectual property from First Texas. Kind of turned me off of supporting Quest even though the Q40 model was not directly involved. If I only had the IDX and the Q40 to choose from I would go with the Q40. It is a little quirky, but it works.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom