Where did it go or was it

Yes mods felt as though it would go down hill..I had no intentions of slander anyone just am getting frustrated with the race card...

It is such a highly charged issue in the media right now with strong emotions on both sides as to who did what and who is right and who is wrong, that experience tells us it will just turn ugly if discussed here. We have been very tolerant of a variety of subjects here, but some are a no go from the start!

Oh, c'mon guys. Just leave it be. There are plenty of other places to talk about things not MD related.

It is such a highly charged issue in the media right now with strong emotions on both sides as to who did what and who is right and who is wrong, that experience tells us it will just turn ugly if discussed here. We have been very tolerant of a variety of subjects here, but some are a no go from the start!

I seem to recall a Casey Anthony thread here that was multiple pages, and just the fact it went several pages is proof that the content must have been ok.

It's totally ridiculous when posts are deleted when the topic is something that is national news and what everyone is talking about, but if I chop my finger off I can post it both here and at fingers of death. Sounds like some like to police a little too much, and yes, if I don't like it I will leave so I don't need to be told. As you can tell I really hate unjustified deletions, and will always have something to say because it just ruins a forum and ticks people off. It's one thing to have guideline but it seems like there's too much picking and choosing based on personal taste. Is this not an American based forum?

As with all issues, we are each entitled to our opinions.

Good luck with your detecting!

Yeah, show pictures of your weed pipes http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=109247&highlight=pipes instead of talking about politics...hahaha

Those are metal detecting finds... the rules are made by the forum owners and we are here to enforce them... it was a inappropriate subject for our forum and Ron did the correct thing in deleting it.

MetalDetectingForum.com reserves the right to remove/edit any posts it finds unsuitable, unfriendly, or controversial and you may/may not receive a PM about it.

Last edited:
I don't think deleting it was unjustified.
As a matter of fact, I was surprised it was around as long as it was.
It just didn't feel right for the forum, and I am glad it is gone.

Talking about the days events and important subjects is fine with me.
Highly charged and polarizing subjects like this one could have been discussed calmly and logically, but it probably would have degenerated into something else with just one wrong word or phrase from any one member.

Any talk about politics, religion, and yes, even race, or in this case "playing the race card" is much better suited for other forums besides this one.
The rules in effect for this forum and its subject matter are logical to me, I agree with them and I like it this way and appreciate that they have them here.
Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom