UPDATE: Sandwich Illinois Fairground Hunt - Sunday September 20

I ll bring chips and case of water

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion. May be easier to have everyone bring their own drinks since everyone has very different tastes in that area but a case of water is a great idea, XP. I don't have a grill to bring but I can supply paper plates, forks, spoons and how does coleslaw sound? I have a folding table I can bring as well to put stuff on as well if you think it will help stug..

Just a suggestion. May be easier to have everyone bring their own drinks since everyone has very different tastes in that area but a case of water is a great idea, XP. I don't have a grill to bring but I can supply paper plates, forks, spoons and how does coleslaw sound? I have a folding table I can bring as well to put stuff on as well if you think it will help stug..

BYO-drinks sounds good to me! Thanks Diggin! Coleslaw sounds fantastic!

I will also bring my little Weber Q gas grill. Anyone else able to bring a grill?
That's kinda why I thought I would bring some sliced meats. With at least a dozen people and a small grill, it's going to take a little time to cook that many patties. My plan is to hunt, hunt, hunt, eat, burp, hunt, silver:D, hunt, hunt.

I'm also wondering if the restrooms will still be open. The ones I saw were locked up tight last year.

Oh......and more silver. See you this weekend!

That's kinda why I thought I would bring some sliced meats. With at least a dozen people and a small grill, it's going to take a little time to cook that many patties. My plan is to hunt, hunt, hunt, eat, burp, hunt, silver:D, hunt, hunt.

I'm also wondering if the restrooms will still be open. The ones I saw were locked up tight last year.

Oh......and more silver. See you this weekend!

I called to make sure all is good for Sunday. When we 'caravan' there, we will park near the open restrooms and that's also where we will picnic when we do. Kinda sounds gross...but you know what I mean!

Hey thanks again David for inviting us all to hunt with you another time!

I can bring a case of water and a couple packs of hot dogs for the grill.

Also wanted to mention that 44bulldog and I had a decent amount of luck in the old grandstand area for not really devoting alot of time there. Both coins I pulled out were coated in a heavy concretion, so I figured I wasn't out anything to throw them in the tumbler. In fact I'll bring them along to show how nice they cleaned up, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Hey thanks again David for inviting us all to hunt with you another time!

I can bring a case of water and a couple packs of hot dogs for the grill.

Also wanted to mention that 44bulldog and I had a decent amount of luck in the old grandstand area for not really devoting alot of time there. Both coins I pulled out were coated in a heavy concretion, so I figured I wasn't out anything to throw them in the tumbler. In fact I'll bring them along to show how nice they cleaned up, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing those coins!

Are you bringing buns for the dogs too or do I need to add that to the list as well?

Guys I'm not going to be able to make it life's gotten busy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ok. I can bring some hamburger buns. Might have a friend coming with as well.
Last year, we did find operating bathrooms. Worked well for my daughter. I also found an Indian Head in the grand stand area. That was about it for me though.

All packed up and ready to go for tomorrow. My wife made a batch of cookies to bring along as well as the sandwich stuff I already had.

On a sad note, I just got done doing some emergency soldering on the AT Pro. My A/B switch on my headphone/speaker switch kept popping a tiny solder. Happily, the patient will pull through.;)

See you all tomorrow! I attached the forecast in case anyone was wondering
10ykpog.jpg

Another great day out at the fairgrounds! I will wait and see what people post, but I do have some photos. I also managed to get a group photo which I will post sometime this week. Others arrived after I took the photo but hey, its a step in the right direction!

Thanks to everyone for coming and participating! The picnic was great fun and nice to socialize and people brought some yummy food!

I will send an update soon......If someone wants, go ahead and start a new thread of finds during this meet-up!

Back
Top Bottom