1800's Indian Head Cent Spill!

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
It finally rained here in Rhode Island last night, so I headed for the woods today. Slow day until I got a low 70's signal about five inches down. Pulled out three really crusty coins. Could see that one was an IHC, but the other two were mystery coins.

When I got home, I soaked them in warm hydrogen peroxide, which cleaned them up enough to ID. They're 1875, 1883 and 1893 IHC's! Not in the greatest shape, but at least I could get a date off of them. Not a bad day when you find three coins from the 1800's!

Attachments

• GOPR0171.jpg
    GOPR0171.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 509
I've never had a 3 IH's pocket spill before. Wanna trade for a 3 wheatie spill ? :wow:

It's such a great feeling just seeing an old coin like these in the hole! Nice work.

Thanks, guys! Nice to be out again. I had almost given up the last month because the ground is so dry. Looks like a lot of rain is headed my way this week, so maybe the old coins will start popping again.

Three 1800’s coins in the same day? Pretty damn good! Three 1800’s coins in the same HOLE??....Priceless. I wish I had a woods like that! You know what I find in the woods? Wood! Love the Indians, that’s a nice catch!

Nice spill, congrats.

I love the multi color and darker toning that at least two of them have.

I've never had a 3 IH's pocket spill before. Wanna trade for a 3 wheatie spill ? :wow:

Lol man don't get me started....:laughing:

I had a property permission last year that I found a personal record of 53 wheats...some in spills, others loners. It was as if someone just chucked a huge handful of them in the general direction of the front yard. :lol:
No key dates, but it was still a lot of fun.
I ended up giving the nice fella who gave me permission 25 of them. :confetti:

Back
Top Bottom