First trip back to the 1700's with a nice bucket lister!

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
Since I started detecting Spanish silver has been tops on my coin wish list,
well it finally happened this morning with this 1781 half reale.
I can't imagine a more rewarding hobby, Iv'e been smiling all day!
I found a large cent first but as usual around here they're always toasty,
I can make out "Liberty" so I believe it's a Matron head but the rest is complete toast.
I'm looking forward to getting back out there tomorrow, we'll see if my knees will cooperate.
I hope you all are having a great weekend!

IMG_0489 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0490 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0491 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0499 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0498 (600x800).jpg

Congrats! Once you find 1700's Spanish silver, you start to realize that you're digging up lost history. Definitely a special find.

Now you can shoot for the 1600's! LOL! I'm still working on that goal after eight years of detecting. HH.

Congratulations I’m sure you’re still floating on cloud nine. Down here in New Orleans I have found every kind of real except the two and four also lots of half dimes But for the life of me I cannot find a copper I’m starting to think they weren’t using them down here I don’t know what’s going on. But I’m very happy you got your half real that’s something to be very proud of. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man, sweet reale!
Thank you zee!
Big congrats Ron.
Thanks Mo!
Congrats! Once you find 1700's Spanish silver, you start to realize that you're digging up lost history. Definitely a special find.

Now you can shoot for the 1600's! LOL! I'm still working on that goal after eight years of detecting. HH.
Thank you Tim! It took me 5 years to hit the 1700s but a cob or shilling sounds nice! :yes:
Very nice find Ron! Wow... 1700's Spanish Silvah, congratulations!
Thanks Shiny!
Definitely gotta love the sight of old spanish silver. Your on a roll as of late, keep up the great hunting!
Thanks Jeff! I sure hope there’s a couple more keepers out there.
beautiful show.

Thank you Tom!

Poor guy on the coin with a big nose again, Congrats on that oldie!👍
Thanks metal! That sure is a big honker he’s got. :lol:
Great job, nice finds!
Thank you Pumptech!
Boy that sure is a nice looking coin. Big congrats!
Thank you gale! It really is a beautiful coin.
Magnificent finds..congrats!
Thanks JAK!
Congratulations I’m sure you’re still floating on cloud nine. Down here in New Orleans I have found every kind of real except the two and four also lots of half dimes But for the life of me I cannot find a copper I’m starting to think they weren’t using them down here I don’t know what’s going on. But I’m very happy you got your half real that’s something to be very proud of. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Truth! I would seriously love to find the half dime, I don’t know why but every old copper I find is very toasty, I see folks finding them all the time in good condition, must be something in the soil here.

Back
Top Bottom