14th - 15th Century Jetton

Null Detector

I found this on the grounds at my girlfriend's father's country house in the French countryside. There had once been a medieval castle on the site that was was torn down ages ago. This guy was on the surface! It was probably in dirt that had been moved or used as fill from another part of the grounds. It'll be highly unlikely for me to find a coin/token this old in USA dirt.

It's not made from precious metals or worth much, but it's priceless to me!

20170103_180236_zpsopx7jzr5.jpg

20170103_1803050_zpsxdyfxgov.jpg

What an amazing find!!! Did you eyeball this spectacular coin or were you using a metal detector? That is very nice , congrats to you.

What an amazing find!!! Did you eyeball this spectacular coin or were you using a metal detector? That is very nice , congrats to you.

Thank you!

I was detecting along a leafy path when I got a blasting signal on the side of the path. I figured it was probably foil surface trash, but brushed away the leaves just to be sure...

I knew immediately it was a hammered and snatched it right up, though I wish I had remembered in my excitement to take a picture of it in situ.

It took further research to identify it as a jetton.

I also found another, much smaller hammered, but it needs further cleaning before I'll hopefully be able to identify it and post it here.

Back
Top Bottom