My new addition came today...

I ordered the 720i with all 1/2 inch holes to replace my RTG scoop which worked fine until the tip rolled over from using it in the rocks and now its harder to dig. Can't wait until Monday when my new one arrives. Sounds like I made a good investment and will out live me (life time warranty).

I ordered the 720i with all 1/2 inch holes to replace my RTG scoop which worked fine until the tip rolled over from using it in the rocks and now its harder to dig. Can't wait until Monday when my new one arrives. Sounds like I made a good investment and will out live me (life time warranty).

Did your RTG have a stainless lip? I use my aluminum scoops in the rocks all the time and have never had that happen to me... sounds like you had no steel lip...

I used it yesterday for a while I tried it in the suction mud,sand and clay it worked well... my mistake was not bringing my sifter because clay and the thick mud not matter how hard one needs to shake the scoop underwater does not break apart so I had to carry each scoopful to shore and kick it apart :roll:

A few coins and lots of lead for me yesterday... Robert found a small gold signet ring and Mark pulled a couple of old silver rings....

When I hoist my RTG to my shoulder I use one arm and usually use a leg assist (knee) to get it started as its heavier... so I did the same thing with my new scoop forgetting how light it is and it flew out of my hand and landed scoop down in the mud about 10 feet behind me :lol:

It worked will in the compacted shells and clay/mud mixture, I did not try it in the rocks though... I'm sure it will function fine there..
oh yes I know what you mean about that clay thick mud glad you like that scoop I love my scoop to .....congrates on your scoop....

When I hoist my RTG to my shoulder I use one arm and usually use a leg assist (knee) to get it started as its heavier... so I did the same thing with my new scoop forgetting how light it is and it flew out of my hand and landed scoop down in the mud about 10 feet behind me :lol: QUOTE]

HA! Would love to have seen a video of that!

But seriously, that is an amazing looking scoop. Would like to find something to use in our rivers/creeks. However, I'd probably need to get an s-shaped handle if I'm going to spoon with it... ;)

Stealth scoops are one of the BEST manufactured products you can buy PERIOD!! I've only used my 920 twice but LOVE it!! I can't wait to hit the surf and start sifting the treasure haha. Everyone of my hunting buddies are drooling over it and will soon be purchasing one of Chucks great products. I'm now wishing I would have bought the carbon fiber handle even though his supplied wood handle is rock solid. Congrats on purchasing a great scoop!! HH

I still love my 720i but I think I would prefer the shorter base,,,,,,less sand per scoop,,,,just a lot of sand on the 720i that is harder on the handle and sometimes has a tendency to push the target instead of grabbing them due to longer length,,,,GL HH

well

Craig since this thread is 3. 1/2 years old, lets see the 720 current pick, of the scoop that was used in the rocks of CT, perfect example of how well Stealths are made, digging in the worst extream conditions, howboutit

Craig since this thread is 3. 1/2 years old, lets see the 720 current pick, of the scoop that was used in the rocks of CT, perfect example of how well Stealths are made, digging in the worst extream conditions, howboutit

I can do that... its all chewed up and I just posted in another thread that this year I have used it 13 times hunting... I'm really into dirt again :D

I had to have a couple issues welded including the front lip as it split.. I had it welded local... he did it while I waited for it... he is a friend. then one of the rods broke I must have done that prying on a rock... my fault, my fix.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 96
Not 2 bad

Just the lip, and 1 rod, still looks good, i new the true test was in your territory, as hunting in those rocks, was hard core to me, exhausting conditions , a true test for longevity> of a well made scoop, thanks for posting, thumbs :thumbsup: for SunSpot scoops :bowdown::dingding:

...then one of the rods broke I must have done that prying on a rock... my fault, my fix.

For some strange reason, I've thought about this. Why weld two rods to the sides? Why not just one rod looped around and welded at the back of the handle support? Okay, so it adds a little weight and uses more material, but it would be more durable and less work.

R5

Nice scoop!! I'm looking to someday buy another with bigger holes.

Barbara.. why would you want bigger holes? the 720 drains very fast and the small holes in the back are for catching 22 cal bullets and studs..

Agree

Florida hunters in the sugarsand , like Chucks Sugarsand scoops 1/4 inch holes, he doesnt make them anymore, i have 2, but he has called me several times for people who want them, i will only let both go for a new Equinox 800 , no other exceptions , the sugarsand scoops have went up in value , howboutit

Back
Top Bottom