Minelab CTX 3030 users ( harness hookup)

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Here's how I hook my harness up to my CTX.

Some good smaller diameter cord-- I used the stuff Dloops are tied into bow strings. Not too thin though,,,don't want to damage the fiber in rod.

Mine is wrapped 4 times around shaft,,tying off each time-- to equalize pressure and place pressure over a wider area of fiber.

I used a big white tie strap,,a person could use black,,this will definitely keep the cord from sliding up the rod.

I use a small harness,,can be bought through some of the sponsors here,

This will definitely make your CTX more enjoyable to hunt with, especially on longer hunts.

I use an over the should type harness made by this company in the link.
A type S of one of these,,,very good clearance between control head on CTX and harness attachment.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/belt-mount-harness-w-square-clamp

Pretty cheap, yet effective-- can be removed in a flash if the need arises.

How heavy is this Minelab CTX 3030 and how good of a result will I get with it if I choose to go that route , and what should I be paying for one. And why is wearing a harness needed?
I would like to purchase one but don't know much about it.

Sent from my Alcatel 7046T using Tapatalk

What is a good metal detector to buy where I will get good results of finding gold and silver but won't cost me an arm and a leg to buy. In the future I want to buy the Minelab ctx 3030 but for now I just need something that I will get good results. Thanks!

How heavy is this Minelab CTX 3030 and how good of a result will I get with it if I choose to go that route , and what should I be paying for one. And why is wearing a harness needed?

Introduce yourself in the main forum and where you hunt and what you will mostly be hunting for, so we can welcome you and advise you on a detector that would be a good starter for you.

The CTX3030 is a heavy machine compared to other but I have no problems swinging it 8 - 12 hours in one hunt.

The results you get with it depend on how well you learn the machine. There is no substitute for actually spending time learning the machine. Once you do this then your results will be amazing!

As far as price, that is a touchy subject to discuss on a open forum. Minelab dealers sign an agreement as per pricing on their units and stand to lose their dealership for the company if they are found publicly advertising prices below MAP. That being said, you can expect to pay right around $2000 give or take $100.

One of the best purchases I've bought since I've started detecting is the pro swing 45. A bit pricey but I've used it constantly for almost 3 yrs now and have gone through one rebuild kit for the plastic rods that wore out due to mileage. I couldn't imaging swinging my 17" ctx or my 15" excal w/o it.... I like cheap options but to me it's a bit like buying a ferrari then going down and getting some rims for it from Costco.

Back
Top Bottom