Hi Again, I've been gone too long, and You won't believe me... 2 great non-detecting finds

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Hey all, I've been hibernating for the past year or so busy with other stuff (remodeling 2 houses) besides having detecting fun... And it has sucked.

But today my husband BB came strolling in with a used Minelab ctx 3030 in his paw and handed the thing to me. It's missing the battery, which is now on the way since the second thing I did after whooping was order one.
picture.php

BB found the thing at a yard sale and got it for ultra cheap, which I think counts as a "find". Ultra-cheap as in $5. No, it's not hot, it's part of an estate so it's all good. He told the seller it was worth a lot more and they let him buy a cheap nail gun for $100 to make him feel better. Go figure...

Now I have to learn another machine and have an excuse to get out more often doing this great hobby.

The other "find" was hidden beneath an old dresser in a house we bought and I've been doing little remodeling jobs on for the past half a year or so. It was a metal coin box plumb full of old silver coins! I could not believe it, never have found anything even remotely close. It has everything from IH pennies to a Morgan and everything in between. I was kinda stunned to say the least...
picture.php

Anyhoo, just thought I'd throw that out there for a dramatic re-entrance since I've been AWOL for so long... so hi everyone, I'm back! :yes:

I need to hit more estate sales. I used to clean up on them but got busy with kids and such. GREAT finds. Really jealous of the 3030.

BCD

I need to hit more estate sales. I used to clean up on them but got busy with kids and such. GREAT finds. Really jealous of the 3030.

BCD

Thanks! If my sweet BB didn't go a hunting I'd get no deals at all, I don't have the knack for them so I don't even bother going.

Wow, that is some super "finds", congrats !!!!!

(and just think of how much hunting and digging you'd have to do to get all those silver coins ! :lol: )

Wow, that is some super "finds", congrats !!!!!

(and just think of how much hunting and digging you'd have to do to get all those silver coins ! :lol: )

Thanks! I know, I've hunted pretty seriously for the past what, 3 years, and have a little pint mason jar with about 10 silver coins in it..... Meaning it would take me f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to hunt that many :lol:

Totally crazy awesome on both counts....

Double huge congrats!

Looks like a ring with the coins? Silver?

<°)))>{

Totally crazy awesome on both counts....

Double huge congrats!

Looks like a ring with the coins? Silver?

<°)))>{

I forgot about the ring! It's marked 10K and is tiny, tiny. Barely fits to the second joint of my pinkie finger. Either some super tiny lady or a baby ring I'd say. And double huge thanks! :yes:
picture.php

picture.php

I forgot about the ring! It's marked 10K and is tiny, tiny. Barely fits to the first joint of my pinkie finger. Either some super tiny lady or a baby ring I'd say. And double huge thanks! :yes:

Ha ha, I have an eye for rings...

Gold and silver, awesome!

<°)))>{

AWESOME finds all around, ctx for five bucks, i would think i was dreaming!

Well, when he brought it in you coulda heard me whoop from half a mile away!

What a steal on the ctx!!!!!
You got someones coin collection!!!
Congratulations!:shock:

We bought the house as part of a farm estate, the owners passed back a few years ago. Pretty sure they were Great Depression kids so it makes sense they'd stash some coin. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom