• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Looking to purchase

Rigoler012

Forum Supporter
Hello guys and gals,

Ok, I am looking to purchase a waterproof metal detector. I currently own Garrett's Ace 250 and White's Prizm IV. I was looking at either White's MX Sport or Garrett AT Pro. I plan on using the detector primarily on land but do plan on detecting around some creek and freshwater beaches (water up to knee level -- do you think waterproof is the way to go in this case?). What are the best deals out there around this time? Do you have any sponsor recommendations or should I be looking primarily at either Kellyco or BigBoysHobbies?

Your input is much appreciated! Thanks!

Rigoler012

I just ordered an AT Pro myself. If you are going to be hunting around water, I say go for waterproof. It just takes one stumble into the water and one that isn't waterproof will be done for.

As far as a forum sponsor, go with Showmetreasure.com . I checked with all the sponsors here and he gave me the best price. Only stipulation being that you will have to wait until the 3rd for it to ship.

I agree with Aperdue.

I bought my ATP from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, and he's a sponsor here. Call or email for the best prices, all are required to list MSRP, but most will give a better price on the phone.

I also bought my CZ 21 from him.

Whites MXSport

I have owned both and the MX sport is ten fold better in my opinion! I think it is deeper and faster on recovery speed and its built like a tank!

ATPro is nice, the iron audio is great feature but falls short against the MX Sport.

Last edited:
MX sport built better than the at pro. Check out the videos of abuse it can take

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have an AT Pro which I love and I have used Bart at Big Boys in the past and had great dealings with him. I don't try to get the sponsors in a bidding war but would call or email a few of them and ask what they will offer you price wise.

Back
Top Bottom