Night Hunting Accessory

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
I seen some guys lately talking about what to use night hunting and thought I'd post this here. Pretty neat setup I added to my CTX this year and it should work on any detector. Hands free lighting for when the days just aren't long enough. :lol: It's actually a bicycle flashlight mount. It rotates 360 degrees, you can get the mount and flashlight together on Ebay for about 10$. I attach mine right before the latch that lets the lower rod out but you can mount it anywhere on the shaft really. And the rubber catch easily pops off when you pull on it to let the flashlight out of the mount incase you need to use it off the detector. As you can see in the pic of the dark room, it does a pretty awesome hands free job of lighting up whatever you're swingin over.

Attachments

• 20140228_194028.jpg
    20140228_194028.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 20140228_194110.jpg
    20140228_194110.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 452
I put a "glow in the dark" round dot sticker on the tip of my coil. i just hit the dot with my light before i hunt and it glows for hours, i only use my headlamp during recovery.....keeps me in ninja mode :lol:...i have done this with all my detectors including when i owned my excal and it really works great

I prefer a headlamp. It not only lights up the meter but also when you are digging your find. it lights up whatever you are looking at. A lot of them have a red beam for reduced visibility.

That's a good idea that I might end up using this summer when it gets too hot to do daytime hunting! thanks!

I use the red beam on all the time at the beach for night hunts.

Just got the rattlers as you never know anymore...............

This is kind of overkill, but it works.:shock:
I really haven't used it for metal detecting, but now I guess I'm going to have to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 234
I just picked up another headlamp tonight at Wal Mart. it' made by Bushnell and has a 65 lumens Cree LED and two red ones on the side. I like it because it is small and only uses one AAA battery. It clips on the bill of your hat and is adjustable up and down. It sells for about eleven dollars.
Bishnell HL2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom