Tips from 25 years detecting

First off I would like to say welcome to the forum from Long Island NY.
I also wanted to say thanks for such a well informed post.

Wonderful Post

Thank you so much for some great tips! What a wonderful post! It will be alongside my metal detecting books for studying and rereading again.

Thank You

Thanks Clark,

Your my kinda guy, willing to share your knowledge to the benefit of others.
I love the Positive, I"m gonna find it", attitude.

HH

Thats so cool!

Thanks man, and I love the part about the kiddos, those little rascals love to dig , and I want to make a setup place in the sand on my place here. I have one spot thats flat and about 30 acres of sandy soil where I can bury pennys and things and just let them go crazy out there, They would be hooked. :lol:

Everything you stated is true , and great advice , will foresure benefit those just getting started ,and a great job covering everything .

Hi and thanks Clark,

What a good post lots of very useful information for a newbee like me. I have a Whites Prizm II as a starter detector. There is a lot of information out and can confuse you even more, but your post puts it very simply and easy to understand. Thanks again for helping a new guy here.

Joe

Thanks for posting these valuable tips on metal detecting!!! I will learn from your tips when I will go MDing. Thanks!!!!:D

Great information!

I am new and have only been beach detecting, but I love old things and am looking forward to going to old sites....

I especially liked the tip about re-examining spots where you have found something before - thanks!

Mary
Los Angeles area
Since August 2011

Great, very useful information! As a newbie, I needed this...

Now, where did this wise man go? One post...this one and no others!!!???

Great tips,
couple i would like to add,
i dont know about other places but here in the south we have small Yellow Jackets that live in holes in the ground, if you get to close or make to much noise near them they will attack, bring wasp spray and hit the holes as soon as you see em,

also pepper spray will knock a Bear out cold.

thanks for sharing these precious tips

I would only add, don't spend a fortune on every high level detector you hear about, detector value doesn't equals finds, save the money for fuel :yes:

Welcome to "Friendly"

Great first post. Stick around, this forum is all about helping out the new
people. Your experience and positive attitude will go a long way...Gil

Back
Top Bottom