Not sure what one to buy.

mdmike01

I'm looking at an Equinox 600 ($490, new in box) or a Whites MX-5 for ($310, used in perfect condition).
Not sure which one to buy?
What would you do?

Last edited:
Only the NOX is multifrequency. Also it can switch between single and MF so it's a no brainer. Both are waterproof. Nox also has a faster processor too. Eh do what you'd like....but keep in mind I'd tell my local competition to buy the MX and family to buy the NOX.

-guy who had 'em both

PS. In Colorado, your in gold country. Buy the machine with better sensitivity to finding that stuff too. Only one is worthy of that.

I have the MX5 and love it. So I had to do some investigating and I would definitely get the Equinox. While the new technology is only about better signal resolution and ID, it's still a step ahead. Some day we will have more than just improvement on present technology.:yes:

If you can afford it the Not is a no brainer given the other option in this case.

At $490 it’s a no brainer,,get the nox.If you don’t like it you could definitely trade or sell it fast.

Thats the thing here..You aint out a $490 SPEND for the NOX...easy and fast resale even a year from now for nearly what you paid for it or a little under...by that time, you should be able to find enough clad to make it a net positive...

Detectors cannot be thought about as a normal 'loss spend' like a carton of paper towels or golf clubs or fishing gear or a new car or something similar..Its a common mistake but false thinking when it comes to detectors...

Detectors are money making tools...you use it and make money, then, after even a while, they have a market value you can cash in on if you decide to sell it... ...

Gotta be careful though and stay with the times here..the Whites will also find you money plenty, but just try to sell the dmaned thing for what you got into it....not today, not tomorrow..never gonna happen....go with the NOX.....

Or, I do happen to have a very cherry slightly used in perfect factory re-condition Cobra Beach Magnet I am willing to part with!...$250!:laughing: I'll even throw in a 4 pack of Nine Volts for it and a finds pouch!! :laughing: (JK...I'm trying to make a point here)

Thats the thing here..You aint out a $490 SPEND for the NOX...easy and fast resale even a year from now for nearly what you paid for it or a little under...by that time, you should be able to find enough clad to make it a net positive...

Detectors cannot be thought about as a normal 'loss spend' like a carton of paper towels or golf clubs or fishing gear or a new car or something similar..Its a common mistake but false thinking when it comes to detectors...

Detectors are money making tools...you use it and make money, then, after even a while, they have a market value you can cash in on if you decide to sell it... ...

Gotta be careful though and stay with the times here..the Whites will also find you money plenty, but just try to sell the dmaned thing for what you got into it....not today, not tomorrow..never gonna happen....go with the NOX.....

Or, I do happen to have a very cherry slightly used in perfect factory re-condition Cobra Beach Magnet I am willing to part with!...$250!:laughing: I'll even throw in a 4 pack of Nine Volts for it and a finds pouch!! :laughing: (JK...I'm trying to make a point here)

Lol, Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom