• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1st time out in a few weeks....

wvdave107

Elite Member
Haven't been able to get out for the last few weeks do to work and other issues....It sucks being a grown-up....:laughing: Took some time off to decompress and relax...and of course do some detecting...Went to my local park for a couple hours and did OK. The usual pull tabs and bottle caps, but I did manage to find $1.55 in clad, to include a 1976 bicentennial quarter. I realize it's not much but it was really nice getting out and learning more about machine...HH

Attachments

• 15 sept 2017 II.JPG
    15 sept 2017 II.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 15 Sept 2017.JPG
    15 Sept 2017.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 15 sept 2017 clad.JPG
    15 sept 2017 clad.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 15 sept 2017 III.JPG
    15 sept 2017 III.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 107
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they produce both a clad version of the Bicentennial Quarter and a 40% silver version? Like you, I got one of these Quarters during a hunt under a tree. I have to say, mine cleaned up very nicely with a sterling silver cloth and, if I recall, it rang up a bit higher than a regular quarter.

May want to check yours. Congrats on getting back out there and finding something. I also decompress by detecting (my wife doesn't really get it but oh well). LOL

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they produce both a clad version of the Bicentennial Quarter and a 40% silver version? Like you, I got one of these Quarters during a hunt under a tree. I have to say, mine cleaned up very nicely with a sterling silver cloth and, if I recall, it rang up a bit higher than a regular quarter.

May want to check yours. Congrats on getting back out there and finding something. I also decompress by detecting (my wife doesn't really get it but oh well). LOL

I'll give it a check. I have a 1944 silver Washington. I'll check it against that. Couldn't tell ya the exact number it rang up....pulled .54 cents from the one plug...2 quarters and four Lincolns....

Congrats on your bicentennial and clad! :thumbsup: I've always thought that is a really neat design on the bicentennial.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they produce both a clad version of the Bicentennial Quarter and a 40% silver version?

You are correct, however they were only 40% silver in the S mint. And to make matters more confusing, the S mint made 40% silver bicentennials as well as normal copper-nickel clad bicentennials: 1976 S 40% Silver Quarter

You are correct, however they were only 40% silver in the S mint. And to make matters more confusing, the S mint made 40% silver bicentennials as well as normal copper-nickel clad bicentennials: 1976 S 40% Silver Quarter

Great info, thanks! Well I have a D so I guess it's not a 40%-er. It cleaned up so nice I thought it was. Darn.

Attachments

• IMG_20170915_204556_edit.jpg
    IMG_20170915_204556_edit.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom