Lakes have been Good to me this Year

Compass

Forum Supporter
It's been a crazy year but for some reason this continues to be one of my most memorable years of detecting. I've been able to find some pretty nice finds and much of it has been in fresh water. There are 4 lakes that I have detected in this year and I have found gold in each one of them.
In one recent lake hunt I decided to try out the old GoPro camera and I'm glad I did because I captured the moments of a pretty rare find for me- even though I have already found a couple of them this year.

On this particular hunt I hunted in the "Park 2" mode on the Nox. Thanks to some advice from forum members I was able to reduce the number of bottle caps that I dug and even though I still dug some, I knew what most of them were before I scooped them up.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GL&HH!

What ? Come on stud , why aren't you using the rake ?šŸ¤£

That chain sure looked amazing hanging in the scoop!
Thanks Z, It's interesting how many chains/bracelets wind up on the lip of the scoop and, I agree, seeing it glimmering in the sunlight was awesome. :yes:

Congrats on all the fine pieces of treasure!
Thank you JAK, Even though I have had good years of detecting before it's been a surprise to find so many quality jewelry pieces this year.

What ? Come on stud , why aren't you using the rake ?šŸ¤£
KOB, Maybe I'm not the stud I used to be! :lol:
I started toying with rake idea because I had only found 2 gold neck chains in all my years of detecting and knew that there were more out there. I would have resorted to divining rods if I had to but fortunately I have now found 4 gold chains this year along with 2 gold chain bracelets. Part of it is luck but I am also learning my Nox and BeachHunter a little better.

Love the chain and video...Nothing like reliving the moment anytime you want...:neat:

You left me drooling! Congrats
Thanks amc rulz, So glad to catch that one on video. I get to enjoy finding it over and over again! :yes:

Congrats on some great finds, your tearing up the lakes!!
Thanks Dan, I've been fortunate to alternate between lakes and beaches this year with some success. Seems like when one isn't producing another one is.

Awesome hunting , Congrats ! The gold necklace is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen! :yes: :dingding:
Thanks Soil Surgeon, It was shocking to see such a beautiful, delicate necklace coming up from that ugly, murky water. The pictures don't even do the chain justice as the yellow, white and rose gold really make it pop. :yes:

Lucky horse shoe :)

Lakes are fun, you have been kicking some!

Congrats!
Thanks GS, Not so lucky for the previous owner though! :roll: Yes, hunting lakes IS fun but so much more fun when driving home with the good stuff.
:yes:

:dingding: Not a bad amount of targets but that chain was killer!

Compass that was awesome! Thanks for taking us to the highlights.... makes me want to video my finds instead of taking photos. You are killing it in the lakes, impressive!

:dingding: Not a bad amount of targets but that chain was killer!
Thanks Felix, I think that lake hunting is a little more challenging than beach hunting for me but it's getting easier as I learn more about the Nox.

Compass that was awesome! Thanks for taking us to the highlights.... makes me want to video my finds instead of taking photos. You are killing it in the lakes, impressive!
Thanks RRF, It was fun doing the video and when I found the chain I was so happy that I had my camera with me. That's my new Stealth scoop carbon fiber handle that I just picked up from their new location in Westminster. They were very nice and said that they would still honor the lifetime warranty on my scoop even though I purchased it from the previous owners back east.

That's a beautiful chain & medallion.
Thanks Aquaman, I remember seeing pictures of all the beautiful chains you had in your collection and being very impressed but my own little collection is finally starting to grow to a respectable level. :yes:

That was amazing!!! If I Would have pulled something like that out of the water I think I would have fell over. Thanks for sharing your video, It gives me hope that someday I will find gold. This is my 2nd year water hunting, there are still a few haunts left for me.HH and stay safe!!

That was amazing!!! If I Would have pulled something like that out of the water I think I would have fell over. Thanks for sharing your video, It gives me hope that someday I will find gold. This is my 2nd year water hunting, there are still a few haunts left for me.HH and stay safe!!
Thanks Dan B., One of the great things about this hobby, and hopefully you will find this out soon, is that finding gold never gets old. I still get excited every time I find gold and seeing that beauty on the edge of my scoop nearly bowled me over too. Good luck to you! :yes:

Thank you Metal, Even though I love finding any gold there's something special about the chains. :yes:

Cool video, and even cooler chain! Super stoked for you! Thanks for taking us along!! Someone was probably doing handstands in the water and ot slipped right over their head. Amazing it was completely intact. AlohašŸ¤™

Back
Top Bottom