STRUCK GOLD! Old and Fancy! Beautiful!!

KS Plug Popper

Week before last I pulled out my detectors for the first time in years. Hit a big silver ring first time out and a merc dime. Been down sick for days with a cold, decided tonight with about 1.5hrs till dark that I'd go over and hit a old swimming hole that was closed to the public back in the 60's, found some decent silver coins there before, but man the coins are toasty coming out of 50-100 yrs of sitting in the sand. Thru my loop down and hit coins right off the bat. Doug 12 coins and never moved but once. Found old bracelet. Chain was toasted, but name tag was good, cleaning now, but looks to be pretty smooth, probably wont get much off that. As you can tell those coins take some cleaning, haha and after looking I got one merc dime and one rosie dime, both silver, but we will see on managing to get any dates. So anyway it was getting just about dark and my last hole I had pulled out a coin then searched the hole again and got a hit on my pin pointer. Doug down till with my hand till my pin pointer was below ground level and threw out a couple more big hand fulls of sand and no noise in the hole. Touched my dig pile and sure enough it was out and in the pile. Then I found it. Thought it was a coin at first, but seen the edge shinning and then stuck my finger thru it and put it away to look at when I got home. Rinsed it under water and it shinned like it did when new. Its a 14K gold man's band from way back and it has got the fancy on it. Any way nice little hunt for 1.5 hrs. :D
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 655
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 626
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Mercury dime I found with it was 1942, ring was deeper, probably good time period to date it by. Also got date off one of the 2 nickles which was 1948. Took me a long time, but Rosie Dime is a first year 1946D, thats cool! All the rest are past dating, several of the pennies are completly smoth, but i can tell 2 are wheaties. Thats as good as it gets this round.

Last edited:
Stunning! Major contrast to those coins!
Thats for sure. Ive found two walking halves there a few years ago. They came out with about 1/4 inch or more of that black sand, almost like metal sand, on both sides. Hard to get a clean signal on anything also. After unpluged and cleaned they both were less than 1/2 the thickness they were originality. But Gold comes out nice. Very hard sandy soil on metals.

Back
Top Bottom