A few finds from this week

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Did some exploring and walking today but was not finding too much until I came across this spot that oddly enough didn't even look promising but it started giving up some targets so I hit it for 2 hours before heading home. Interesting hunt and it was fun except for the college kids that tried to (or seemed to) hit me with a football once. (It landed at my feet)

The lighter is toast. I can't get the top open it's encrusted with sand. The outside was encrusted with sand too, cleaned it off with muriatic acid.

The watch parts, cross and one V nickel were from 3 other hunts.

Attachments

• March 18 17 Finds.jpg
    March 18 17 Finds.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 495
  • March 18 17 Lighter.jpg
    March 18 17 Lighter.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Sweet! Send that lighter into Zippo, and they will either repair it or send you back a new one! Easy as pie...lots of us have done this...

A dad giving his daughter a lighter as a present - now that's old! :lol:

Looks like a present from the daughter, wishing her dad luck.... Maybe a soldier?
Congrats on the finds!

Thanks! I didn't consider it the other way. You're probably right and I hope he made it back.

If you are interested you can go to the Zippo web site and with the markings on the bottom get an approximate manufacture date. I have found some pretty early ones.

Zippo will replace the insides and get it working again. They will not refinish it. I have never sent one in but have talked to them.

Very nice saves. Is this the same place you got 60 silver out of?

If you are interested you can go to the Zippo web site and with the markings on the bottom get an approximate manufacture date. I have found some pretty early ones.

Zippo will replace the insides and get it working again. They will not refinish it. I have never sent one in but have talked to them.

It was about a quarter mile from where the mass silver finds were. I'm going to see if I can find out how old it is. Then maybe try to find the girl :)

I'm guessing this means 1995

Attachments

• Zippo bottom.jpg
    Zippo bottom.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom