Best weekend of detecting EVER! 1861 Double Eagle and lots of BIG silver!

I am absolutely dumbfounded!!! You rarely ever see any gold coin found much less a double eagle. I would have passed out with your silver finds alone but the gold coin may have put me in cardiac arrest. Best find I have ever seen here. The ultimate number one holy Grail in my book. Huge congrats sir!!!!!

Wow man that is amazing! Do you think is was an old cache that maybe your grandfather hit with the tractor all those years ago?

Just incredible!

Not only are your finds absolutely incredible, it's really a great story!

You talked about the hobby, and received a few bits of information...then you calculated what it could have meant, went out hunting, and WHAMMO!

Way to go!

You're in shock, I'm in shock, the whole world is in shock after reading your post and viewing your finds. I'd take your grandfather's tractor and clear out a bigger area of brush, and continue detecting until I was satisfied I recovered everything I possible could find.

What year is the SLQ? You didn't mention finding that coin.

Major congrats on finding some amazing coins, especially your Double Eagle! :shock: Submit your story to Whites and Western/Eastern treasures. I think you will take top honors for 2012. Going to be really hard to top that!

Raphis

I would go ahead and quit. you will never hit that bell again.
that was an insanely perfect hunt. congrats.

Wow! That is amazing, good thing you kept going back! I would have done the same exact thing, because I surely wouldn't be able to sleep wondering if I got everything. You made some incredible finds, I'm really happy for you! Finding all that variety of silver, plus a $20 gold piece is just awesome. I hope you go back and try for more!

I am shaking now!

I think that's a small cache that the tractor spread around.

I found a silly little gold ring the other day at the park and I was so excited i didn't even think of taking a picture!

JUST AWESOME!!!

Looking at an online inflation calculator, $22.40 in 1918 (newest coin pictured) was worth almost $400 in today's dollars.

I agree with pulltabMiner.....there is more out there somewhere. Go back and swing super slow on every square inch (you're probably out there now hahaha)!

Back
Top Bottom