• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox 800 “rest”

Samd007

I purchased my Nox in January of this year. I maintain it will and don’t drop or use it as a crutch. My “rest” under the Velcro strap that keeps it upright when setting down, split down the middle. I have seen replacements online from Australia for $50+. I can’t see why an expensive piece of equipment doesn’t have better parts. I have emailed and called Minelab but no response. So I’m wondering what size PVC pipes do I need to replace it with? Also do the 3D printer models on EBay work any better? UGH

Minelab has been very slow in returning emails. I sent one 3 days ago and still waiting for a reply. I would just glue it or tape it if you can and wait them out.

Steve

Thanks Steve, the glue/tape idea didn’t work as the split is longitudinal right through the center of the screw hole.

I like my Detect-Ed arm cuff.
98683B7C-8CC1-44D9-8DCB-F04BBD9ED6E2.jpeg

This is just my opinion, for what it's worth. The arm cuffs are breaking frequently due to poor balance and ergonomics. The weight of the entire machine rests on that cuff when you swing it. I broke my stock arm cuff, then bought a metal one, and snapped that one too! I had to modify the metal one with aluminum straps to fix it. I dont want to put anymore money into this machine, they arent cheap to begin with, and this is just one of the minor flaws this machine has. I cant even believe they raised the price of the equinox 800, and didnt make any improvements. I'm hoping this is due to the fact that they are busy with the new releases, and will eventually be addressed. Coinboy says it best, with the equinox, you pay for performance, that's about it :laughing:

Thanks for all of the replies! The tape and/or glue wouldn’t work. Just disappointed that they can’t come from manufacturer with dependable parts.

Attachments

• E741FCCA-76E3-4ADE-B737-952283FCD47F.jpg
    E741FCCA-76E3-4ADE-B737-952283FCD47F.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,084
I wonder if using the strap causes these breaks. I never actually use the straps. It'd logically add tension, especially if it was over tightened. Both my 600 and 800 has never broken.

About using the straps. If I extended the coil very far in front of me during swinging, I might use the strap, but I shorten the lower rod and swing near my shoes, 2 feet in front generally. But, we're not talking about not breaking it in the first place.

The picture is the “rest” below the arm strap. This just rests on the ground.

Nope, set it down and it fell over to the side. I’ve never dropped or crushed it. The shiny stuff is the Gorilla Glue. For Plastic! :)

JimR thank you for the idea. I wasn’t thrilled about spending $50+ for the AUS version.
It’s worth a try!

I wonder if using the strap causes these breaks. I never actually use the straps. It'd logically add tension, especially if it was over tightened. Both my 600 and 800 has never broken.

About using the straps. If I extended the coil very far in front of me during swinging, I might use the strap, but I shorten the lower rod and swing near my shoes, 2 feet in front generally. But, we're not talking about not breaking it in the first place.

I'm with Martin_V3i on this one. I never used the straps when I had a V3i and the MXT. Never had a problem. I have the Nox and never use the strap but I bought the detect-ed cuff and stand. It is very solid. Money well spent.

I suspect minelab used cheaper cuff and shaft to keep the cost down. I get that if the goal was to make a mid level machine at an entry level price but I wish they would have just made it right to begin with.

Let's face it, all the people that dropped 1k on this detector would have gladly paid $1200 for one with better parts like a better shaft and cuff/stand. (Hint for the future MINELAB). Honestly other then that and the weak coil ears it is a great machine it seems like

Note to Minelab...........Broken coil ears, wobbly shafts and broken cuffs/Stands............Cause performance issues

Graybeard, how do you make yours and what are they made of? I was debating on PVC ?

Back
Top Bottom