Rutus Alter71 or Nokta Impact, or??

Mikey48

Forum Supporter
It's winter and since I am not detecting, I'm thinking about it. Considering buying another machine which I don't need. I have the disease. I hunt mostly parks and lawns, with some relic hunting thrown in. Lots of the areas are trashy. My detectors include the V3i; F75 ltd2; F70; DeLeon.

I have my eye on the "Nox" of course but also interested in both the Impact from Turkey, and the Rutus Alter71 from Poland. A serious downside to the Rutus is the lack of dealer support in the US, but all who post about it seem to love it. The Impact also has good feedback, but there are suggestions that a waterproof model may be coming in 2018. Any suggestions or facts that would help make a decision are welcome. Help me decide.

The good thing about buying the Rutus, is that it's had no reports of breakage that i've heard off, also buying from a UK dealer you'll be safe on warranty , there's a cracking cc coil and about 3 or 4 more coils on the way.
I've not tried the Impact, but had the Racer2, which had build quality issues as has the Impact, but the company seems to have a top notch customer service.

The Rutus has some strong points that the Impact doesn't, and vise versa, you just gota match them up and decide which spec suits your needs best.

If the Equinox doesn't live up to the hype, I'll be buying another Rutus as my all rounder.

Which version software does your rutus have? Is the software user updated or can and will the factory update it?
The good thing about buying the Rutus, is that it's had no reports of breakage that i've heard off, also buying from a UK dealer you'll be safe on warranty , there's a cracking cc coil and about 3 or 4 more coils on the way.
I've not tried the Impact, but had the Racer2, which had build quality issues as has the Impact, but the company seems to have a top notch customer service.

The Rutus has some strong points that the Impact doesn't, and vise versa, you just gota match them up and decide which spec suits your needs best.

If the Equinox doesn't live up to the hype, I'll be buying another Rutus as my all rounder.

Which version software does your rutus have? Is the software user updated or can and will the factory update it?

I have V1.1 on my Rutus, which is the latest, but it is not user updateable. The dealer in England was able to update units. From my understanding, 1.1 added VCO which helps in all metal mode.

TNSS sent me his Impact to compare with the Rutus. Both are great machines. I had difficulty finding anything that one would find that the other wouldn't.

both have pre-defined programs that get you up and running quickly. The Rutus lets the user dial in almost all settings himself, so there are a lot more adjustments that can be made. Using the Impact beside the Rutus really helped me learn how to set the Rutus based on the conditions.

I would say they are equal in ease of use, but the Rutus is ultimately more versatile in the long run. Build quality goes to the Rutus.

Both are great machines but after using both, I'm happy I went with the Rutus.

The Rutus can be updated by the dealer only as Donsel says, but there's less need for it VS' the Impact, simple because the Rutus lets the user access more of the units settings such as reactivity, but for the reactivity to be changed on the Impact you'd have to have the factory do it for you by way of an update, but it's under the factories control as to what they set it at, not you the user.

It's winter and since I am not detecting, I'm thinking about it. Considering buying another machine which I don't need. I have the disease. I hunt mostly parks and lawns, with some relic hunting thrown in. Lots of the areas are trashy. My detectors include the V3i; F75 ltd2; F70; DeLeon.

I have my eye on the "Nox" of course but also interested in both the Impact from Turkey, and the Rutus Alter71 from Poland. A serious downside to the Rutus is the lack of dealer support in the US, but all who post about it seem to love it. The Impact also has good feedback, but there are suggestions that a waterproof model may be coming in 2018. Any suggestions or facts that would help make a decision are welcome. Help me decide.

You don't need another detector but if you did ,how about the Alter 71.

Thanks!
The Rutus can be updated by the dealer only as Donsel says, but there's less need for it VS' the Impact, simple because the Rutus lets the user access more of the units settings such as reactivity, but for the reactivity to be changed on the Impact you'd have to have the factory do it for you by way of an update, but it's under the factories control as to what they set it at, not you the user.

Thanks!
I have V1.1 on my Rutus, which is the latest, but it is not user updateable. The dealer in England was able to update units. From my understanding, 1.1 added VCO which helps in all metal mode.

TNSS sent me his Impact to compare with the Rutus. Both are great machines. I had difficulty finding anything that one would find that the other wouldn't.

both have pre-defined programs that get you up and running quickly. The Rutus lets the user dial in almost all settings himself, so there are a lot more adjustments that can be made. Using the Impact beside the Rutus really helped me learn how to set the Rutus based on the conditions.

I would say they are equal in ease of use, but the Rutus is ultimately more versatile in the long run. Build quality goes to the Rutus.

Both are great machines but after using both, I'm happy I went with the Rutus.

Your V3i is very good unmasker, i am about to make a video using the 5.3 coil using hi-pro most will find it very interesting!

Your V3i is very good unmasker, i am about to make a video using the 5.3 coil using hi-pro most will find it very interesting!

I have not used the 5.3 coil on the V3i. The 6 " elliptical, shooter DD coil works pretty well but not as deep as the f75 ltd2 with the fisher 5" coil.
They are both pretty good at unmasking in trash. Looking forward to your video Trashfinder!

If I can find a nice used Alter 71 with the software upgrade already done, I will probably get one, to try it out and see how it does in my ground here.

I have never used the Rutus but do own the Impact. I feel the Impact is a very versatile unit and does what it is designed to do, find the goods.
The build quality is very good and the ability for the user to plug it in and update himself is great. They have had one update already which offered more options in 2 of the programs. Most others only offered updates to correct problems NOT give the more features.

I have not used the 5.3 coil on the V3i. The 6 " elliptical, shooter DD coil works pretty well but not as deep as the f75 ltd2 with the fisher 5" coil.
They are both pretty good at unmasking in trash. Looking forward to your video Trashfinder!

If I can find a nice used Alter 71 with the software upgrade already done, I will probably get one, to try it out and see how it does in my ground here.

The software upgrade didn't do anything for Rutus I don't think but add some modulation somewhere. I wouldn't let a unit not having upgrade be a reason for not getting if I wanted. Who knows I may even sell you mine.

Here is what was changed/improved with version 1.1
http://rutus.com.pl/en/file-list/download/29

Build problems?

In my soil they arent even close. Impact much better.

Rutus has that bulgarian deeptech/detech/mikron/aka dna feel

Impact has a more familar fisher/teknetics dna feel.

For me in my area anyway.

Yes, the Impact has had some build issues, as had the Racers.
It looks like it was the early buyers who got them, so worth checking if your buying 2nd hand, or old stock.

Build problems?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1514482431728.jpg
    FB_IMG_1514482431728.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 745
In my soil they arent even close. Impact much better.

Rutus has that bulgarian deeptech/detech/mikron/aka dna feel

For me in my area anyway.

I do have the RA71 and Deeptech Vista Smart and find them completely different. Both very good machines though. I use the Rutus for the riverbanks where i want to be able to ignore unwanted trash, and the Vista Smart is perfect for old Roman and medieval locations where I dig every scratch above iron.

There's a reason for that, look back to the test reports on the early Racers, pretty much based around the T2
I feel the European detectors are more raw and powerful, whereas my R2 felt like it was using a weak output signal that was pumped up with high audio gain and too much filtering, which is fine in milder soil, but rubbish in my area.

Granted, many of them are rubbish at park hunting, there mostly derived from relic hunting, which in europe can be for big targets like WW1-2 items that can be down deep.
But many of the manufacturers have refined them to be top performers at smaller deep relics.

Back
Top Bottom