• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Waterproof Racer 3?

Some take this site as actual news. This is all speculation. My feelings on the Racer 3? The Racer series was very stable in salt water for being Single frequency VLF. I want multi frequency at the same time or I will not buy it over the Equinox.

I agree,I wouldn't buy a racer 3 just for the waterproof aspect.And I definitely wouldn't buy a nox if I wanted true multi frequency as a coin Hunter,FBS has that covered.

They would have to make major changes to the Racer line of detectors, other than just water proofing them.

For the places I detect the Racer 2 is low on my choice of detectors!!!
It calls bigger pieces of metal a coin, and one place I detect it has a bad pulsating sound from EMI.

Racer 3 is being thrown around because in the pic the detector says Makro on it. I suspect though that it will be a multi frequency machine for optimal beach operation. Nokta/Makro has a presence on the forums. They're listening.

I think one of the things that makes them popular is Dilek will actually answer questions. Other companies should follow suit.

Well ,if makro is listening,,you need to make a racer 3 with this in mind.The racer 2 is nose heavy,point blank,it’s not good on the wrist.Honestly I like the racer 2,alot..But it’s so nose heavy that my wrist actually swells up from using it.

My 2 cents here, and I hope all detector manufacturers see this here.

S- rods are for the birds.

For stock coil weight (dry land) a no go.
S- rods don't allow detector to be held high enough with one's hand.
S-rod, holding one while sweeping feels like more of a pivot point (stress) vs a balancing point.
S-rods don't play well with arm cuff as far as comfort.

Instead go pod, with similar design of Fisher F75.

S-rods restrict wrist positioning, a person is locked in with little opportunity for variation(s) in holding.

Encourage all detector manufacturers to get opinions of actual fit and feel from a lot of different folks, even folks with little detecting experience.
Definitely not always the same folks.

I agree.....S rods are horrible. I have been saying it for years. Ergonomics Matter!

I would have definitely kept my Race if it hadn't been so nose heavy and there was no way to move the arm cuff back far enough to help balance it out.

Well ,if makro is listening,,you need to make a racer 3 with this in mind.The racer 2 is nose heavy,point blank,it’s not good on the wrist.Honestly I like the racer 2,alot..But it’s so nose heavy that my wrist actually swells up from using it.

I've heard those machines are nose heavy. And the last thing ya wanna do is purchase an after market rod and handle that has better ergonomics. I agree with TNSS, the F75 should be the standard bearer. That machine has great ergonomics.

If you find the Makro Racer nose heavy YET wish to retain the performance, get a Nokta - But Makro being the incredible company they are, will listen to posters advice & no doubt make the necessary changes -

this is why they get my $$ -

If you don’t think Makro/Nokta is watching and has something already lined up, you don’t know Makro/Nokta. A waterproof Racer 3 would be very believable. I’m just wondering what other features it would have.

They have a habit of listening and responding to the consumer that resonates in this industry.

If you don’t think Makro/Nokta is watching and has something already lined up, you don’t know Makro/Nokta. A waterproof Racer 3 would be very believable. I’m just wondering what other features it would have.

They have a habit of listening and responding to the consumer that resonates in this industry.

Well,if they make a more ergonomic racer 3 I’m in,as long as it’s at least part racer 2 in performance.I think the racer 2 is way ahead of the pack in its price range,but the ergonomics kill the thrill for me when swinging.Im not much on small coils because I hunt mostly big areas and fields

I did not care for the original Racer model so if they just made it waterproof I would not be interested.
The Racer 2 was a much better unit but still they would have to offer something more than just making it waterproof to get me to buy.
Now if they took something along the lines of the Impact and made it waterproof I would stand in line to buy.
Be very interesting as to what they are cooking up over there in Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom