XP Deus and what it means for Minelab

Hang tight. I expect Minelab to announce a new lightweight version of the Etrac in a few weeks - along with a price drop to clear out existing inventories - the day after I take delivery of my yet-to-be-ordered (current) Etrac.

:roll:

Does anybody on the forum here have an XP Deus here in the US that has any length of time swinging for silver/coins? Lots of good reviews from over seas on relics but not much feedback from here that I could find.. I know they are pretty new but just thought I would ask.... thanks :D

Andy Sabisch checks it out...

http://www.treasurehunterstradingpost.us/

He answers questions here...
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1650684

I have read a lot of his review, (not all), but it seems to me he is being very politically correct and is not saying it is "better" than any others...just different.
New technology, so it is able to find some things others have missed.
Definitely lighter with an upgrade-able usb system.

I don't recall ever reading a bad detector review written by Andy Sabisch.

I think i would like to see a review by somebody who is not selling one . would you take a review of a new camaro that was written by chevrolet? you think it would be better than a mustang?

I own and sell both so take it for what you will.

The Deus is VERY fast recovery and extremely lightweight. Almost unbelievably light. Very good in iron and seems to be just as deep. I need much more time on it to give an accurate review. So far its VERY VERY good!

Am I giving up on my E-Trac yet?? Ummm... No! I trust everything the E-Trac tells me. I have a ton of hours on the E-Trac for a reason, I LOVE it! Best coin and silver machine on the market!

I own and sell both so take it for what you will.

The Deus is VERY fast recovery and extremely lightweight. Almost unbelievably light. Very good in iron and seems to be just as deep. I need much more time on it to give an accurate review. So far its VERY VERY good!

Am I giving up on my E-Trac yet?? Ummm... No! I trust everything the E-Trac tells me. I have a ton of hours on the E-Trac for a reason, I LOVE it! Best coin and silver machine on the market!

Hi Bart
does the Deus feel coil heavy since there isn't really any weight toward the back of the detector to act as a counter weight?

Impressions, expectations, and the word on the street can become reality quickly.

It doesn't matter what is true and what is not false.

I would like to hear some first hand experience to see whats going on. or I would love to give it a test drive.

-keith

Hi Bart
does the Deus feel coil heavy since there isn't really any weight toward the back of the detector to act as a counter weight?

The Deus with the stock coil is very light to swing, i dont feel any extra weight coming from the coil, it is nicely balanced.:D

Deus with a standard 9" coil is a real pleasure to use. Only optional 34/28 coil is slightly nose heavy, some people are solving this problem by using White's pole.

Hi Bart

As was said, its so lightweight its hard to say its heavy. Yes the coil is a bit off balance but its so light you cant really feel it once you get going.

I will swing it more this weekend to get more of a feel for it. So far its looking like a great one! Love how fast it is in trash!

Hi Bart,

Would appreciate your notes on the coil's battery life. How long can it hunt between charges?

XP has quite a reputation here in Europe and the Deus is a nice gadget, I admire the way they added on the portability factor, but definitely not my cup of tea

Go to >> YouTube and find the user peacehavens channel. I've watched some of his videos and some of the stuff he does switching frequencies over a single target to validate it's composition is pretty amazing.

Interesting but...

This machine isn't exactly "new". It has been out for about two years, but is just now "getting to" the US. I have been doing quite a bit of reading and study on it. In doing so I ran across a website by a Deus user, whom has the site set up for giving Deus tips and such. It was his site for being helpful to other users, that made red flags go up.

http://xpdeusfan.free.fr/

Here is the biggie: The battery in the coil is lithium...therefore must be taken care of in charging and discharging it or it will develop a "memory" and start to loose battery life. All cell phones, tablets, etc have lithium battery packs on them and any body that has used one for a year or so will tell you the battery life starts going downhill quick in about a year...it all has to do with proper charging and discharging of lithium batteries. Actually this guy's website says that the coil must be shipped back to XP every 2-3 years due to the life of the battery in the coil. For those unawares of lithium battery life and how to charge/discharge them....here is a link for you: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

I'm not exactly sure whether you would ship it back to XP if in the US, or if your local dealer would take care of it. Anyway you look at it, I'm not exactly sold on that. The Whites TDI runs on Lithium battery packs and that is perhaps the weakest point in that particular detector...the packs go bad and are costly to replace.

The stock coil on the Deus is a 9" DD coil....middle of the road size. The stock coil on the eTrac is 11" DD....still not bad but most people prefer the smaller coils for it for trash and larger coils for it in open areas. The point being....there are a whole slough of coil options for the eTrac for under $200. The Deus only has one that I can find, a 13"x11"... but since it's not just a simple coil change...the coil carries the signal processing circuitry, and will run you $560 US for it.

------------

Regarding the eTrac and such. The above statement is quite a bit. There are just too many coil options and such to the eTrac to make it more versatile in the field, for under $200 ea...versus spending nearly $600 more for an additional coil for the Deus...which is already at $1,800 US just for the detector. I personally don't see the weight issue with the eTrac....did none of you ever hunt with the original Explorer or Explorer II? The eTrac is light compared to those two tanks. LOL.

Plus I like being able to pop some new AA batteries in the battery pack and I'm off and running again....so I'm not having to worry about my one and only battery pack going south and putting an end to my hunt. You can get an "emergency" recharge accessory for the Deus for like $22 extra...or a car charger, also around $20 extra. Seems like for $1,800 they could have thrown those things in the package if you ask me. LOL

Minelab COULD do quite a bit in the weight reduction area of their machines. How bout an eTrac on an X-Terra rod with battery life of the X-Terra's? 30+ hrs on four AA batteries.

Rudy, you can use the coil for some 15 hrs after a full charge and detector will work properly to the last drop of the voltage.
Dorado, Deus is not a gadget, I use it for some 20 mths now and that the most amazing detector I have ever had.

Nice seeing some E Trac guys sweating :lol::D

I too am looking forward to some US coin finding and reviews with the Deus

Still waiting for some USA coin reports/depths on the XP Deus........Can't wait to hear some actual reports. Somebody?? Thanks and HH :D

Back
Top Bottom