The Dirtchurch Nine...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Wanted to get in the water the last several mornings to hunt the extra low tides, but after 2 days of not feeling well and then a rainout this morning:roll: I finally made it out for a lunchtime Dirtchurch hunt along this path and the surrounding woods with the Explorer XS and the 6x8 coil... After about a half hour and 3 house pennies, I dug a Merc out of the grass under the shadow of the detector which confirmed my research of the location... What's better than a silver on a Sunday, right? How about more silvers:D..................enough silver to kill the batteries in the camera so I missed one:laughing: Everything...only 4 pieces of scrap, $1.85 towards new batteries:lol: 3 wheats and the Dirtchurch Nine......silvers #28 to #36... The wheats were 1918, 1939 and 1957...this, along with the dates and the crud on some of the silvers definitely confirms that when a ballfield was dug up to build a school in 1960, this was where some of the dirt was dumped:cool: And to think...I showed Jason this spot 2 summers ago and he said no to detecting it:shock: I need to find out where the rest of the dirt from that old ballfield got dumped:yes: A few more outstanding days like this and I may get to 50 silvers this year:laughing: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next...and Happy Hunting to all!

Excellent! I think theres something special about not feeling right...It seems to be a GOOD thing when it comes to detecting! Seems to put a guy in a different mindset and sensory parameters are heightened...Like a guy is in neutral or something?

I dont know what it is exactly, but some of the very best hunts come in from guys 'just not feeling right' but still getting out and hunting...NyQuil? beauty finds there Capt!

It's been a long time since I have seen 9 Silver's in one hunt. You do know Bruce a few more of these type hunts you will catch right up on me. Your research was dead on and your follow up is even more impressive. You as an old dog can still teach us all some new tricks. Congrats my friend on a very a stellar day. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom