Drained dam gives up AMAZING FIND !!!

How to Separate the Bills...

I think you just need the serial # intact and the bank will take them. I think there are about 6 or 7 . Its hard to tell . They are stuck together pretty good . Any ideas how I should try to get them apart? Thanks

284e1fd0.jpg

I had found some bills stuck together very similar to that. I brushed off the debris and then took out the humidifier (mine gives off hot steam) and held it in the steam and the got nice and moist, took a jeweler flat head screwdriver and used that to get the corner of each bill up, and unraveled slowly in the steam, washed them off under warm water, laid them out on a paper towel to dry. Spent them at my local grocery store. I didn't find as much as you did, but it was a sizable amount worth separating.

I wouldn't take em to a bank, I would just spend them. If you want, you can get for $20 a counterfeit test kit at Office Depot which contains a pen and a small LED UV penlight. Keep in mind if the condition is bad, you may not be able to test them, then again, a bank could not either.

later,

Brin, this is truly amazing. I am so excited that if you wish to invite me to your site, I would probably come from woodstock ny (depending on where u are in PA).

If anyone get's a chance, this is a link to an article written by a guy that found a lot of stuff....I mean a lot of stuff, in a drained swimming hole. It is really a great story, although the writing isn't hemingway ( no disrespect to the writer meant at all; I could not have written it as well). I was really taken by the whole thing. I stumbled upon it while looking for info a while back on underwater detecting. Brin, you definately have to read this.

http://www.prostockdetectors.com/blockerspond.html

Aaron

Last edited:
Youi don't need any serial numbers at all. You need to disturb them as little as possible. You can send them to the treasury department and they will find out exactly how much to send you. Here is a VERY INTERESTING link.

http://www.bep.treas.gov/section.cfm/8/39

Good luck. Get every piece you can. I found 1200.00 on the bottom of a lake and only the picture of the president was left of one of the bills. I did get a hundered dollars for just the picture.

Wow...

That hits close to home!...I make the metallized film for that security strip! Should have shown up as "foil" on your detector...

Great site to dig...good luck!

Rick C.

Youi don't need any serial numbers at all. You need to disturb them as little as possible. You can send them to the treasury department and they will find out exactly how much to send you. Here is a VERY INTERESTING link.

http://www.bep.treas.gov/section.cfm/8/39

Good luck. Get every piece you can. I found 1200.00 on the bottom of a lake and only the picture of the president was left of one of the bills. I did get a hundered dollars for just the picture.

Thanks for the link ScubaDetector.
I'm packing it up to send in. The money is dry and extremely brittle now. There is no way I could take it to my bank . The teller would just destroy it . Thanks Everyone !

021.jpg

I made it back to the dam today . I didn't find too much . The water rose about another foot or more . I couldn't hunt along the wall. Its been raining allot here the last few days . The dam isn't draining like it should . The screen where it drains is clogged with debris . I'm not sure if I should get the hip boots on and go out there and unclog it ? If I do Its like I'm a culprit .

024.jpg

Maybe they belonged to Monica Lewinski , I know when she left the White House she had a ''Wad of Bills '' stuck to her dress .......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please let us know the final outcome of the bills at the treasury. I know that I am not the only one that is interested!!

Good luck with future digs. I would help that water go down in a heartbeat.

Got dynomite???

Had to get up to speed...

This is an exciting find for sure. I am especially interested in the outcome of the bills too. Gives me some ideas for around here. Getting a serious jones for more hunting. Come on Spring ! Woowoo

Marty

WTG Brin

:?: Do you need an agent? :lol: Water is like a magnet for coins and anything else. People have a need to toss things in the water from high places just to watch it sink. Coins are handy. Wedding rings from broken promises, Stolen cell phones that have given all the thief could get out of it. bottles cans, and now rolls of 100 dollar bills. I know of a quarry of water in Southern NH that has a dozen or so triumph automobiles at the bottom....:wow:...Gil

Back
Top Bottom