ok heres another one then

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
hows about a dirt fishing tourney? 3 months long 2 person team. teamates are randomly drawn $5 donation to the site from each team member scoring will go like this

silver dime or quarter post 1900 will be worth 5 points
pre 1900 dime or quarter 10points
silver halves worth 15 points
silver dollars 20
wheats will also be worth 5 points each
Indian heads 10 points as well as buff nickels
and old coppers such as LC and what not will be worth 15

prizes can be items donated by members and divided between 1st place team,2nd and 3rd so the the top 3 teams will get somthing.
each find or groups of finds will need to be photoed with a control item to be released the day the tourny starts so no old photos can be used other than that it will have to be based on the honer system but with the good members here i dont think we will have a problem with that. you also must have atleast 25 post and an avatar pic to enter. so if your interested or have ideas post here.

also tomake the teams equal we can have a rookie sign up sheet and a pro sign up sheet so we can match a rookie with a pro so the field is even.

I like it!!!

also tomake the teams equal we can have a rookie sign up sheet and a pro sign up sheet so we can match a rookie with a pro so the field is even.

I'd suggest adding the following to the scoring table:

Pull Tabs... one-half (.5) points

Here's my reasoning....
Rookies often notch out pulltabs as "too hard", etc. However, if we encourage the digging of this range, the rookies will discover that there are hidden treasures in that VDI range...thus increasing the rookie's overall contribution to the score.

I'm in. :spin:

I'd suggest adding the following to the scoring table:

Pull Tabs... one-half (.5) points

Here's my reasoning....
Rookies often notch out pulltabs as "too hard", etc. However, if we encourage the digging of this range, the rookies will discover that there are hidden treasures in that VDI range...thus increasing the rookie's overall contribution to the score.

I'm in. :spin:

yup i agree which was the reason behind my last contest suggestion. but with the amount of tabs out there wouldnt it be funny if a team with 900 pull tabs beat out out a team with 10 nice silver coins lol....so to fix that only the "rookie" of the team will be allowed to enter tabs for points would be a good start.

I like it..........give me the locations of all your good sites and we can get started :D:D:D

Of course I am kidding.....if you ever get something going and need help or someone to join in I am right there .......All my sites are crap as of right now though .....

If there's a $5 fee to enter, and the prizes are to be donated by members, where does the money go?

yeah...thats what i ment by donation{i edited my first post}...hope you didnt think it would go to me.

No ... the original post had no mention of where the cash would go, so it left me hanging. I originally assumed the cash would be the prize until I read the prizes would be donated. It left me hanging, wondering where the cash was going to fall. :yes:

I love this idea for a contest. We should make it happen! We ought to create a group about it to discuss it more.

ok. well lets get the go ahead from the admin/mods and we can get it started. i work 10hr shifts nights so my only time off is weekends and weekday mornings which is usually spent detecting. ill take care of the rules sheet and tinky if you would like to volunteer by making a list of entries that would be great! and we some how need to know if the entry fee is paid or not so a mod or admin can volunteer for that? ill go ahead and start an entry thread with the rules and what not so members can simply post on that thread that they want to enter,we can keep that thread clean by keeping this thread open for discussion. the only problem i see us coming across is not getting enough entries so get the word out and i think we can make this a big success by having fun and in the process make a little money for the site. also maybe we can get the sponsors to donate a prize? ill leave that up to the powers that be. ill see what i can donate as a prize as well.

I like it!
Where do we send the prize donations?
I can find something cool in my finds box ;)

I like it!
Where do we send the prize donations?
I can find something cool in my finds box ;)

welp i reckon we can figure that one at later. so anyone that would like to donate a prize just keep it for now and well figure out someone to be "the keeper"

good deal! now we are gettin the ball rolling. now all we need are entrants lol.
also if the mods and admins want to enter that would be great since it would help out on the "vet" side of the sign ups. of course it would only be fair to allow them to enter for free since they do such a good job running this place,i know how much work goes into building and moderating a site..at one time i was a mod at 7 different sites for anything from hunting/fishing to guitar playing. got so time consuming i had to cut it back to just one site.

I would be willing to send out a prize to a winner, BUT there has to be a way to keep it on the up and up.....Not to say someone here would mis-report their finds , but when prizes and things are involved people can do goofy things that they may not normally do ........How do we assure the finds reported are indeed finds made during this contest time and not finds from 8 years ago?? And if the answer is just member honesty then thats cool too....

Back
Top Bottom