Need iPad mini help

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I have my usual iPad mini I use. It is performing slower surfing the web vs my new one I have for a backup. I have deleted cookies on iPad, still seems slow.
Btw, I did lock up iPad where it wouldn't even access safari, but when I did delete cookies I was able to access Safari. This particular iPad has been a warhorse, battery is pretty bad, but I would like to speed it up if I can, likely will relegate it to back up status.

I don't have an ipad myself but just speaking in general you can also troubleshoot by checking your internet speed on that ipad to be sure the wifi adapter in it is working okay, here's a free speedtest site - http://www.speedtest.net/

Also make sure you have no malware or adware slowing up your system, you'd need to find a malware scan and remove program compatible with ipads, there are free versions.

Edit to add: I just found this help web site - https://appletoolbox.com/2012/07/ipad-running-slow-how-to-speed-up-a-slow-ipad/

(there are other similar sites you can find searching online)

What does an Ipad device use for anti-virus protection? Is it built into the browser? Just curious.

You may be low on memory, is that iPad nearly full with pictures and video? I’d also consider getting the battery replaced. You can do it yourself IF you are skilled at working with very tiny hardware.

Malware is virtually nonexistent on the iOS platform unless you jailbreak it and load apps from questionable sources.

If you have an Apple retail store within reasonable distance, consider making an appointment at their Genius Bar. It doesn’t cost anything for them to have a look and give an assessment.

I have the iPad Mini and when it starts loading pages slowly, I switch the iPad off and give it several seconds to clear it's digital head and restart it.
This usually takes care of the problem.

Try a 'hard reset', not as scary as it sounds and doesn't delete anything.
Look it up for your particular model (ipad mini 1 or 2 etc)

Another thing, depending on the age (earlier models) I wouldn't update it to the latest IOS (yeah, I know they keep nagging you to do it!) as your machine likely isn't capable of running it properly.

I sped my iPad up considerably by buying an iPad 5 yesterday and putting the iPad 3 in a drawer! :laughing::laughing:

Good luck on the speed project.

Back
Top Bottom