Detector and gear storage and carry

Morgan44

What do you guys use to carry your gear from place to place. Do you use the big bags that come with some, maybe a long tool box? I mean when it's in your car or truck traveling around. And do you carry it broken down or all put together?

If I'm carrying a "clean" detector, I use this case:

picture.php

For normal hunting, my detector is kept out, but I use this big waterproof toolbox for all of my stuff. (It shows my pads outside, but I also carry them in the box.) I regularly clean and reorganize it so when I'm ready to hunt I grab one box, my detector and digger and go!

picture.php

I have a second row of seats in my truck, so my detector and extra coils w/rods sit in the back floorboard and I cover them with a padded cloth (more to hide them than protect them). I have a backpack with all of my tools, accessories, batteries, and everything and it rides in the back seat. I usually just lay my Lesche and Propointer on the floor with the detector since I use them so often (multiple times per week).

Well I haven't received all my gear yet, and I've never had a md before. I was wondering is it a big deal to actually breakdown the md and put it, and all the other gear in one box and go.

It all goes in the trunk of my car. I've a carrying bag (3' long) For keeping my assorted accessories together.

Machine separate and intact.

Gear bag

I will use the gear bag to store it when not in use and will be making a custom rack for transporting it to and from locations, it helps to have a Jeep with a roll bar it lends itself to some creative storage options...saving space on the seat and floor for other things. :research:

I got the same tool box as pocket spill. I brake the f2 down and it fits nicely with all the other gear. It holds the md, tool belt with pouch, lesche, kneeling pad, garret pp, 28" small shovel, small drop cloth and extra batteries. Just grab it and go.

Back
Top Bottom