In the News

I couldn't get the video but got the article. Very good job ! You hunt primarily at night because of heat and crowds ? Or is it something else...

I couldn't get the video but got the article. Very good job ! You hunt primarily at night because of heat and crowds ? Or is it something else...

I like hunting at night because I have the whole beach and swim lines to myself. The surf is usually calmer and there's just something so peaceful when detecting under a blanket of sparkling diamonds! You have no idea how many wishes I've made for gold while seeing shooting stars out there! :laughing: Oh, and because I'm a northerner and not in the ocean, don't have to worry about all the chompy critters that ocean folk do!

Thanks all for the kind words... the calls have certainly been rolling in! And yes, if the video link doesn't work, the article is - https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...money/69-5cc79173-a4ef-41bc-bec1-281bef5b169d

Now that you've achieved Superstar status your going to have to fight off the metal detecting groupies and the Gold digger chicks , Congrats and stay safe out there .

But really just doing my job... Cheers to all my fellow janitors out there! Hope you're all staying safe.

Beach Better Have My Money local news story (video)...

Alrighty mister LakeShore Janitor.

That's freaking awesome coverage. LOVED IT!!

I love all the quick quips. Low and Slow... Coil to the Soil... LOL

Had me grinning all the way through. So glad you pulled a ring out of it, for the camera! Now, you're going to be dealing with 1,239,594 additional detectorists on the beach, though. So sorry for that.

Skippy

Very cool! Promoting the hobby and not looking like a weirdo = success! Loved the article, well done.

Great segment. Glad the news guy wasn't a doucher either. Now that you've found all that gold, get some better headphones, you'll be happy you did.

Nice write up...
I like night hunting also, but here on the gulf coast I stay in the swash channel (between the beach and the sandbar) which at low tide is usually knee deep....No worries about JAWS, but stingrays are still a concern.
DL

Back
Top Bottom