Easy Free Finds Pouch!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Nowadays its super easy to find these nice pouches laying around in about every middle school totter or sportsfields...They come in various configurations, zipper top, velcro flap, some are insulated and include the freezer gell capability! So I grab up every one! :laughing:

I use them for all sorts of things around the house and infield...nice little bug out bags and tool kits for the vehicles, coin storage, ammo bags, snake enclosures, worm boxes, etc...

OK, so now you got a pouch or several from your early Sat am totter run, now you need some tactical webbing with the quick snaps for a belt!...Where to get those? For free?

Well, right down at the nearest beach/boatramp!..the down wind floating garbage catch end of about any lake theres abandoned lifejackets a guy comes across, so you simply take a moment to pull out the straps and leave the rest!

So then you modify the bags, melt some holes in the bottom for drainage with your Wifes good soldering iron out of her stained glass shop ..

The cool thing about this, a guy can add or subtract multiple bags from the same belt for the hunt, a guy can carry an insulated one with cold beverages and lunch inside, batteries, cellphone, keys, handgun, papertowels, smokes,..the usual gear a guy needs ...in each little bag depending on the location and duration of your outing...!

Everything is easily replaceable throughout any given season...theres lunchbags and lifejackets laying around ALL over the place! Good thing is, its all FREE, and some of those bags still have food in them!!:laughing:

Keep an eye open for useful things abandoned...Sure we are after metal, but you would be surprised what people leave behind that is willing to lend an assist..

We NEVER had anything so cool like this when we were kids! We were lucky to have a length of baling twine for a belt and an old gunny sack!

The old guys used to call them 'Possible Pouches'...they were critical to survival...yep...a guy always needs storage and belts....

Attachments

• pouch-1.jpg
    pouch-1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,073
  • pouch-2.jpg
    pouch-2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • feb 11-17-4.jpg
    feb 11-17-4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • nov 1-15-1.jpg
    nov 1-15-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:
Got a couple of those ":Possible Pouches" here some where from the days that I spent many enjoyable hours with my friend making white smoke.
Some one accused us of carrying a purse.

Nowadays its super easy to find these nice pouches laying around in about every middle school totter or sportsfields...They come in various configurations, zipper top, velcro flap, some are insulated and include the freezer gell capability! So I grab up every one! :laughing:

I use them for all sorts of things around the house and infield...nice little bug out bags and tool kits for the vehicles, coin storage, ammo bags, snake enclosures, worm boxes, etc...

OK, so now you got a pouch or several from your early Sat am totter run, now you need some tactical webbing with the quick snaps for a belt!...Where to get those? For free?

Well, right down at the nearest beach/boatramp!..the down wind floating garbage catch end of about any lake theres abandoned lifejackets a guy comes across, so you simply take a moment to pull out the straps and leave the rest!

So then you modify the bags, melt some holes in the bottom for drainage with your Wifes good soldering iron out of her stained glass shop ..

The cool thing about this, a guy can add or subtract multiple bags from the same belt for the hunt, a guy can carry an insulated one with cold beverages and lunch inside, batteries, cellphone, keys, handgun, papertowels, smokes,..the usual gear a guy needs ...in each little bag depending on the location and duration of your outing...!

Everything is easily replaceable throughout any given season...theres lunchbags and lifejackets laying around ALL over the place! Good thing is, its all FREE, and some of those bags still have food in them!!:laughing:

Keep an eye open for useful things abandoned...Sure we are after metal, but you would be surprised what people leave behind that is willing to lend an assist..

We NEVER had anything so cool like this when we were kids! We were lucky to have a length of baling twine for a belt and an old gunny sack!

The old guys used to call them 'Possible Pouches'...they were critical to survival...yep...a guy always needs storage and belts....

You are a national treasure Mud!

When's the book coming out? :cool:

Got a couple of those ":Possible Pouches" here some where from the days that I spent many enjoyable hours with my friend making white smoke.
Some one accused us of carrying a purse.

Never accuse a man carrying a rifle of carrying a "purse". :no::no:

About one out of every 4 or 5 thrift sales has something like that in a free box too. I was with ya Mud, right up until you pulled out the wife's good soldering iron and started melting nylon with it. You're on your own there. Great way to make drain holes though!

But did he EAT the apple and cup of fruit he found as well? I just gotta know!

I do! Thats part to of the rules for being an Urban scavenger! Theres free money and food clothes and even beer laying around all over this Country! You find it, you gotta eat or drink or wear it! Or sell it, scrap it, use it for something..! :laughing:.

Attachments

• turkey1.jpg
    turkey1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 869
  • snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 841
  • coors.jpg
    coors.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 835
  • aug 18-16-3.jpg
    aug 18-16-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 853
  • apr 3-15-3.jpg
    apr 3-15-3.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 843
  • turkey2.jpg
    turkey2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 842
  • turkey5.jpg
    turkey5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 845
  • turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 833
Seeing the Author......I was expecting this to involve 1- a diaper, or 2- Mud's finds keeper that said "Mail Pouch".

Leaving disappointed.........:(

Nice urban scavenging. Looks like the shorts you found not only fit you, they match your blouse as well. Thanks for the laughs!

Nice urban scavenging. Looks like the shorts you found not only fit you, they match your blouse as well. Thanks for the laughs!

There was a post on Reddit from a gal who had crabs, scabies, and ringworm. She had on an outfit just like that one......said something about burning them, but didn't have a lighter, so she just tossed them out the window.

Back
Top Bottom