• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Feedback On the DFX 10x12 SEF Butterfly Coil?

CyberSage

Elite Member
Just Wondering if anyone has used this coil or heard anything on it?

10x12sef.jpg

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/excelerator/excelerator-10x12inch.htm

Looks interesting. Wondering if this will handle EMI any better?

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Hey Cybersage:I ordered that coil yesterday through Bonnie at KellyCo...$149.00 plus shipping. I have studied this decision for two weeks...The 6x10 DD was a big consideration due to its proven history...But after reading everything I could find I felt the new coil would be the better choice...The only negative feedback was a novis hunter would struggle with this coil but he will be alright if he sticks with it...It is a little heavier than the stock coil. Hope this helps you out...

George

Thanks George!

I have had good luck with the Super12. I am considering the SEF hoping it will give me the added depth of the Super12 and because of the DD more resistance to EMI. Please keep us posted on your findings with your new coil. Thats a good price you got!

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Jack'
I am interested in the 10x12 also. I have asked people for a comparison between it and the Super 12. I've been burned on coils that don't meet the claims they advertise. For example,The super 12 is deeper, how much deeper than the 9.5? In videos that Research and Recovery did with the 12x15 the coins found weren't that deep. I would like to see a target the 9.5 or 12 can't get that the SEF can see. I'd just like to see a side by side test of the 3 coils, or even 2 coils, on the same targets. Now that would tell me something.
I saw a video were a Minelab and TDI were used over the same target. Thats what I'm talking about.

Rob

Cybersage that is a crazy avatar. Kinda spooked me when the page refreshed. The old one looked better lol

Anyways...my 18'' SEF coil came today and combined with my DFX-300 I pulled three targets out of my yard that I have gone over 10 times with my Garrett Ace 300.

Given the DFX is a great gain over the Garrett in itself....I was really impressed with the target ID and ground depth. I found a couple targets that were set @13.5" that I haven't started to dig yet. It's under an old gravel road that use to run through our property and so it's pretty rough digging through all those rocks.

It's a breeze to use with the DFX. Fits snug and very stable.

Target ended up being a URO Unidentified Rusty Object.

Still a good hit @ a little over a foot in the ground though.

I'm impressed.

Back
Top Bottom