Sometimes the last pass is the best pass..

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Went over to the peace dollar field today for a couple of hours, and continued gridding an area where I found a buff. I found the expected modern clad, and really hit the nickles. When theyre deeper than about 3" at this place, the signal bounces all around, so when I see 12 on the VDI regularly pop up, I dig. I think it has something to do with the mineralization here. It was getting close to quitting time, so I made one last pass and got a nice 38-40 deep signal on the 705. I dug down around 8", and saw the nice silver edge in the hole, pulled it out, cleaned it a little, and saw a nice 1939D merc!

101_6591.jpg

101_6595.jpg

The only other oldie I found was the 1956D wheat. Thanks for looking, and HH!

say, that is a nice shape mercury dime...good for you!
Love seeing that silver in the bottom of a hole......
I found a 1939 merc. Last year and it wasn't nearly as good as that one.!

Also, i think nickles are wierd ......some days ...i find a good lot of em.....some days....nada....Anyway....good recovery man!
HH
Indiana Bones.....

That is a pretty one Tommy. Wish i looked that good. That coin is even older than i am. congratulation.

I know what you mean about the "last pass" and I think it is a psychological trap.
What I mean is this:
If I have been out hunting for a while, with not nuch to show, I will tell myself OK one last pass.
If I do not find anything, I tell myself one last pass.
If I do find something, I will quite and "acknowledge" that I am glad I made one last pass!

I guess it is similar to the way "you always find what you are looking for in the last place you look"

Nice Merc anywho:D

I know what you mean about the "last pass" and I think it is a psychological trap.
What I mean is this:
If I have been out hunting for a while, with not nuch to show, I will tell myself OK one last pass.
If I do not find anything, I tell myself one last pass.
If I do find something, I will quite and "acknowledge" that I am glad I made one last pass!

I guess it is similar to the way "you always find what you are looking for in the last place you look"

Nice Merc anywho:D

This is hilarious. . . and real. Glad I'm not the only one!

It’s always either the first or last signal for the day that turns out to be the best!

Back
Top Bottom