UPDATED One week in Virginia (Civil War relics, now with video!)

Amazing collection and assortment of finds for your week! Congrats on uncovering some very historic items!

I'll be honest, I never really enjoyed relic hunting. But after watching your video I would love to find some civil war bullets or a belt plate. Great video and thanks for sharing...

And we share a Garrett find of the month. Mine was Dec 2011...

Good Stuff...I am going to try to get into the DIV fall hunt...Is it hard to get in? Id like to be able to get my wife in also as we hunt as a team.. Great stuff though man!!

Thanks everyone!!

Spm673, thats a huge compliment, thank you.

Scarfoot, you'll probably get on the alternates list rather than the invite list, since it's your first time signing up, but don't despair. Watch the website every day after the list is posted, particularly the day confirmations are due and the day payment is due. The list can move pretty fast sometimes as people drop out. Once your name moves from the alternate list to the invite list, you'll have 48 hours to confirm or they take you off and move up a new alternate, so check back often. I was #76 on the alternate list for my first DIV (XIX) and made the invite list after payment-due-day. I made the invite list for XX and XXI, so I didn't have to watch the alternate list, but I know every person who signed up for XX made it in.

Digginfreek, looks like you're doing just fine in PA based on your avatar. I'm hoping to do some detecting in southern PA this spring/summer. :)

Hey Gtoast, You in Saxapahaw? I'm over here to the North side of the Country. Just outside of Burlington just before Altamahaw. Looks like you got some real good finds there. I'm kinda new to detecting. Only been at it for a little over a year when I can get out around town. Mostly parks & some home sites.
I just wanted to say HI to you from the other side of Alamance County.:digginahole:

Hey Gtoast, You in Saxapahaw? I'm over here to the North side of the Country. Just outside of Burlington just before Altamahaw. Looks like you got some real good finds there. I'm kinda new to detecting. Only been at it for a little over a year when I can get out around town. Mostly parks & some home sites.
I just wanted to say HI to you from the other side of Alamance County.:digginahole:

Hey there!! Yep, right outside Saxapahaw, by the church near 54 on Sax-Beth (if you're familiar with the area). I love this little town! Alamance is a great place for some detecting, and with Orange/Wake/etc so close by, there's endless possibilities for searching. I know a buddy with a real good spot near Altamahaw, pulled some great things from there, but I don't know *exactly* where LOL. If I'm not mistaken, there used to be a drive in near there, might be good if you're into coin shooting. Let me know if you want to hunt sometime! Good luck!

I'd hate to have to fill those holes back in!

Haha, yea, pit digging is tough work, but the rewards can be worth it. The sore muscles were fleeting, but that bottle will be cherished forever!

:O I cringed at first when I saw the picture of the guy sitting in the bathtub sized hole.. but was relieved once I read further.. Did you intentionally leave the shovel out of the pictures so we would have to wonder if you dug it with the Lesche?

Haha - nice finds BTW

Haha, yes, the owner was well aware that we'd be digging out some pits in his fields. And everything was filled back in when we were done. I didn't leave the shovels out of the pics on purpose, but several people have pointed it out to me, LOL

thanks!

After seeing the peice of eight a club member pulled from that field this year, I will have to go next year,Congrats on all the great finds

Yea, there were a couple of those found. Very cool to see. Not a whole lot of coins found though. Friend of mine found a Flying Eagle.

Back
Top Bottom