10 indians,FE, 3 cent nickel, shields and V nickels and some Seated

Just sick ! What a tremendous hunt. To consistently find the old stuff is a testament to your research ability. A huge attaboy to you sir. HH Mark

Thanks. No research on this one. Just dumb luck wandering through a field finding a little bit here and there until I struck the mother lode

Killing it. That site is for sure a fairgrounds, or at minimum a trading post or something. I better be careful and get back to swinging soon or you will break my record for most indians from one site lol. heck you might break my record for most coins from one site at this rate :laughing:

Thanks Tpmetal. Money was definitely changing hands often there. As good as this site was it still pails in comparison to the best 19th century site Ive found. Well over 100 indians and around 20 seated not to mention all the other stuff from that site

Thanks Tpmetal. Money was definitely changing hands often there. As good as this site was it still pails in comparison to the best 19th century site Ive found. Well over 100 indians and around 20 seated not to mention all the other stuff from that site

nice my site is around 100 indians bunch of v and shield nicks and 24 silvers(mostly dimes and half dimes). Thats what i pulled. My buddy also pulled a good 12 or 15 silvers as well. That is a untouched fairgrounds site for ya. keep hammering those places, you got some good potential. Also look up the history or harness racing/trotting parks/horsetracks/ (called by diffferent names in different time periods) They were another place a lot of money changed hands and lots of stuff fell out of pockets when riding. somewhere i had found an old sportsman almanac and if i remember correctly there were lots of tracks near you. A few hints in your resources are national trotting associations, agricultural associations. and many of these places were also fairgrounds and places for traveling shows in the middle of the track.

Back
Top Bottom