Another Coinstar find today.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Went to grocery store for the wife. When I entered the store I headed right to the Coinstar as usual. But abruptly stop since there was a guy and two kids loading in their change. I figured with the two kids, they would check the coin return. Upon checking out, passed real close to it and glanced down to see a 1964 Rosie. I guess they didn't check. Sheesh, don't they teach kids anything practical these days?

I wonder why Coinstar's rejects Rosies? Anyone know how they determine what to send to the reject tray?

I get about 1 to 2 Rosies a month just during my shopping trips. I have thought about making a coin star route since I am semi-retired. Means I don't work much. But since I am too lazy to work much, I am probably too lazy to work a route.

What is the best time of day and/or day of week to check Coinstar reject tray?

I have heard that you should look in the neighborhoods that are not high income neighborhoods. In Atlanta, that means taking three Marines with you.

Went to grocery store for the wife. When I entered the store I headed right to the Coinstar as usual. But abruptly stop since there was a guy and two kids loading in their change. I figured with the two kids, they would check the coin return. Upon checking out, passed real close to it and glanced down to see a 1964 Rosie. I guess they didn't check. Sheesh, don't they teach kids anything practical these days?

I wonder why Coinstar's rejects Rosies? Anyone know how they determine what to send to the reject tray?

I get about 1 to 2 Rosies a month just during my shopping trips. I have thought about making a coin star route since I am semi-retired. Means I don't work much. But since I am too lazy to work much, I am probably too lazy to work a route.

I have heard that you should look in the neighborhoods that are not high income neighborhoods. In Atlanta, that means taking three Marines with you.

I'm "retired" too but still work part time about 78 hours per week. My job takes me to various supermarkets and Walmarts and I
m able to check about 12 per week plus the one I check at my local supermarket. I'm checking them in the day time and they've been really good to me. So far this year I've taken 15 silver coins....12 dimes (all Rosies), two Washingtons, and a 1964 Kennedy. Clad so far is just over $36.00 with one month to go. All the ones I check are in middle income neighborhoods.

I never find anything in the coinstar trays around me... so I don't check that often. To my knowledge they reject all silver coins.

In New Orleans you must be fully armed if you’re bringing in change. If you’re coinstar checking just park in front run in look and get the hell outta there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm "retired" too but still work part time about 78 hours per week. My job takes me to various supermarkets and Walmarts and I
m able to check about 12 per week plus the one I check at my local supermarket. I'm checking them in the day time and they've been really good to me. So far this year I've taken 15 silver coins....12 dimes (all Rosies), two Washingtons, and a 1964 Kennedy. Clad so far is just over $36.00 with one month to go. All the ones I check are in middle income neighborhoods.

oh man!!! a 64 Kennedy? what a keeper.

I wonder why rosies are the most found by me and you?

In New Orleans you must be fully armed if you’re bringing in change. If you’re coinstar checking just park in front run in look and get the hell outta there!!!

Yep, just watch the evening news every night in Atlanta 99.9% of the car jackings, murders, robberies, muggings and drive by shootings are in the East, West and South Atlanta. Too bad some of the older (before 1900) parks are located there along with some good civil war battle areas. But I value my life too much to be tempted. One local hunter told me he hunted them just after sunrise since all the hoods were sleeping at that time.

Yep, just watch the evening news every night in Atlanta 99.9% of the car jackings, murders, robberies, muggings and drive by shootings are in the East, West and South Atlanta. Too bad some of the older (before 1900) parks are located there along with some good civil war battle areas. But I value my life too much to be tempted. One local hunter told me he hunted them just after sunrise since all the hoods were sleeping at that time.

I was raised in New Orleans East a suburb outside the city. It was great times, lots of woods to ride my YZ80, hunt rabbits with my Benjamin 177 pellet gun, children playing in the streets on every street. Affordable housing for the lower middle class signal parent household. It’s was truly a paradise. Then it got dark and for sale signs started popping up all over and now it’s a war zone where the police have basically given up because it’s 50 miles outside the city and they have enough to deal with in that Democrat Hell Hole. The oldest parks in New Orleans are in the hood but if I don’t feel 100% comfortable I don’t have fun.

Those coinstar rejects are sometimes a mystery. I found a band new shiny 2018 quarter in the reject tray today.

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_114710.jpg
    IMG_20181008_114710.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 262
I was raised in New Orleans East a suburb outside the city. It was great times, lots of woods to ride my YZ80, hunt rabbits with my Benjamin 177 pellet gun, children playing in the streets on every street. Affordable housing for the lower middle class signal parent household. It’s was truly a paradise. Then it got dark and for sale signs started popping up all over and now it’s a war zone where the police have basically given up because it’s 50 miles outside the city and they have enough to deal with in that Democrat Hell Hole. The oldest parks in New Orleans are in the hood but if I don’t feel 100% comfortable I don’t have fun.

pretty much what happened on the East, South and West sides of Atlanta. Give them more welfare like section 8 housing, loans with no down payment and no credit check, money for babies out of wedlock and other goodies they will be buying homes in North Atlanta. Good bye for me, will be moving to the North Georgia mountains.

Yep got one of those in Coinstar mine was 1957. what is the silver content percentage, anyone know? Too lazy to look it up.

According to Charltons Standard Catalogue the 1957 quarter is .800 fine silver and .200 copper.

Neat Coinstar find !!!!

and the only digging involved was with your hand digging into the Coinstar reject tray :lol:

Last edited:
Nice save. My 2018 coinstar totals are 1 rosie and one S.GW quarter. And allot of clad.

Congrats on the CS silver! :woot:

Anyone know how they determine what to send to the reject tray?

I believe it goes by size and weight, and if it doesn't fit the qualifications it gets kicked out. Like for example, silver is heavier than clad, so if will get kicked out. A crusty zincoln may weigh less then a normal zincoln and get kicked out.

Back
Top Bottom