~Dream Hunt 1916-D Mercury Dime~

Very Cool!! That is amazing. Congrats!!!!!!
First the 1909 VBD and now this? Unbelievable!!! Way to go. :)

if you guys seen my wife, you would all want to be me :shock::D

I have seen your wife and man she is much too good looking for you!! Hey that is what I have heard about my wife too that she is much too good looking for me and she does go metal detecting too. Just gotta get her to leave some silver for me that's all!

Seriously, Terry is just the nicest guy you would ever want to meet and not a selfish bone in his body, I have learned so much from him both in person and via e-mails and his posts.

I don't know if the forum has an award for the detectorist of the month...heck make that the year, if they do I nominate him with no reservations. :clapping:

I have seen your wife and man she is much too good looking for you!! Hey that is what I have heard about my wife too that she is much too good looking for me and she does go metal detecting too. Just gotta get her to leave some silver for me that's all!

Seriously, Terry is just the nicest guy you would ever want to meet and not a selfish bone in his body, I have learned so much from him both in person and via e-mails and his posts.

I don't know if the forum has an award for the detectorist of the month...heck make that the year, if they do I nominate him with no reservations. :clapping:
Tony you are WAY too kind to me!!!! As always I appreciate your kindness!

OMG! All I can say is:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 249
WOW! Great stuff. I ditto what everyone has said. You definitely deserve it
G4E! I'm no expert but in my opinion front is VG and the back is F. (wonder how close i am?;):roll:) Figure about 2K+-!!! WTG my fellow digger!!!!! I'm just gonna stare at it for a while..................:crazy:

WOW! Great stuff. I ditto what everyone has said. You definitely deserve it
G4E! I'm no expert but in my opinion front is VG and the back is F. (wonder how close i am?;):roll:) Figure about 2K+-!!! WTG my fellow digger!!!!! I'm just gonna stare at it for a while..................:crazy:

I had a couple serious collectors look at it, they seem to agree closely to what you said, both said VG08 for the front and almost Fine for reverse....and they said $1500.
On another forum a guy said $500, and I started laughing, didn't even respond :lol::lol:
On ebay, ones worn almost smooth bring $400-500. I have NO intention of ever selling it. I did some research on past values of the 16D in VG condition, in 1998 it was worth $1,000 in VG, in 2011 VG is around $1,600......so looks to be a coin that goes up, up, up....I'm keeping it safely in my safety deposit box, unless I am starving, I'm not selling it ;)

Ya thats at least a thousand dollar coin... Many, many people are looking for one to complete there Merk book collection, Me included.. Congrats to you..

Which would I rather?

Okay my friend, as you know I had a big score on the PA Daily Lottery the other day, as well as a bookie play which equalled $2940 total..so I'm looking at your incredible find and I'm saying which would I rather??? Well, not really, because I pocketed some big cash, and all you really got right now is a little stinking Dime!!! What is really cool, is way back a long time ago, you friended me here on the FMDF..I now get to tell everyone I know,..I am friends with a fella who scooped up a 1916D Mercury Dime. You are the Man..you are.

Okay my friend, as you know I had a big score on the PA Daily Lottery the other day, as well as a bookie play which equalled $2940 total..so I'm looking at your incredible find and I'm saying which would I rather??? Well, not really, because I pocketed some big cash, and all you really got right now is a little stinking Dime!!! What is really cool, is way back a long time ago, you friended me here on the FMDF..I now get to tell everyone I know,..I am friends with a fella who scooped up a 1916D Mercury Dime. You are the Man..you are.
wow really kind of you to say that! thank you so much!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom