First gold!

Hi folks. Spend alot of time reading on this forum but now I finally have something to report! Scooped it right away this morning, I could feel all the guys surf fishing looking at me so I couldn't even do a little dance for my first gold. 14k 5 grams. Hunted for another hour or so and barely even came up with a couple bottle caps.

Just need to find a few more so I can upgrade from my old 6000 pro xl. She's on her last leg, I think.

Thx for reading

nice find! Looks just like my first men's gold (down to the FG halmark!)

Nicely done!

Very nice! I've only found one gold ring and that was 2 weeks into my hobby adventure.... haha still hoping to break out of the 10k club! Nice find!

Congratulations!! That first one is always a heart stopper/happy dancer!! :woohoo:

I always enjoy my hunt times there, just a beautiful coastline no mstter where you hunt!!

:cool:

Thank you all!
Congratulations!! That first one is always a heart stopper/happy dancer!! :woohoo:

I always enjoy my hunt times there, just a beautiful coastline no mstter where you hunt!!

:cool:

Yes indeed, we just moved here a few months back and I am continually impressed with this stretch of coast. My wife and I have particularly enjoyed hiking Big Sur, which we try to do every other weekend.

I see that you're from Monterey Bay. I'm in the Salinas / Monterey area. So: You are no doubt aware of the rules here, right ? 30% goes to me. I accept paypal :cool3:

But seriously now, are you at liberty to say which beach ? And was that wet sand or dry sand? I haven't seen any storms , nor paid attention to the surfer/mariner reports. So if there's any erosion going on, I haven't paid attention to tracking it down. Seems that the last 2 years have been rather lame for beach erosion.

If that was on the wet, was there other targets grouped with it ? Like as in ... mother nature's groupings ?

Congratz.

I see that you're from Monterey Bay. I'm in the Salinas / Monterey area. So: You are no doubt aware of the rules here, right ? 30% goes to me. I accept paypal :cool3:

But seriously now, are you at liberty to say which beach ? And was that wet sand or dry sand? I haven't seen any storms , nor paid attention to the surfer/mariner reports. So if there's any erosion going on, I haven't paid attention to tracking it down. Seems that the last 2 years have been rather lame for beach erosion.

If that was on the wet, was there other targets grouped with it ? Like as in ... mother nature's groupings ?

Congratz.

I'll give you the junker I found and that's 50 percent of the rings! Extra 20% just for you!:) Nothing as exciting as all that. Dry sand, right behind a good sitting log. 4 inches down, totally a freshie. I'll PM u the beach. Not one of the ones u would expect though.

.... Dry sand, ....

Then you got more patience than I do . If you get in on wet sand storm erosion around here, and land on good days, you'll never want to dry sand hunt again :laughing: Imagine 200 targets in an area the size of your living room. And zero aluminum of any sort, zero caps, etc.... Trouble is: Those day are rare . Doh ! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom