An old silver brooch...or???

Waveoff

Elite Member
I got out for a quick hunt this afternoon since some of the snow melted. I wanted to try out the Andy S. coin pattern on my Etrac using my newly acquired Tornado coil. I hit the pounded to death front yard of my early 1950's home and hit a solid 13-47 about 8" down. This shiny trinket came out but I have no idea what it is. There's no markings on it but I'm pretty certain it's silver because it was nice and shiny coming out of the ground. Plus the numbers and audio were indicative of silver. It looks pretty old but who knows. The oldest house in my neighborhood is from 1951 but there must've been some activity here much earlier than that. I've found square nails and early 1900's shotgun headstamps at about the same depth as I found this. My older neighbor said he detected this neighborhood back in the 80's and pulled a lot of IHPs and late 1800's/early 1900's silver out of some areas. I've also found some deep wheats with dates in the early teens. In any case, here's the pictures. If anyone can ID this thing I'd appreciate it!

K5x85eT.jpg

vXISizU.jpg

That is a really cool find! I'm gunna go with a small picture frame or locket frame, its unfortunate there's no markings! Ill bet its sterling for sure, nice find!

That is a really cool find! I'm gunna go with a small picture frame or locket frame, its unfortunate there's no markings! Ill bet its sterling for sure, nice find!

Nice chuck of silver but I have no ideas what it is.

Thanks guys! I was thinking at first that it might've been a frame to something but the shape is odd. It conforms perfectly to my index finger though and when holding it like that, the ragged edge by the cherub heads is straight up and down like it was attached to something bigger and broke off. Plus the inside doesn't look like anything could've been mounted in there. Who knows though!

Back
Top Bottom