SILVER , GOLD and DIAMOND !!!

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
I haven't posted anything for awhile, mainly because it got too hot and I wasn't hunting much. Finally got out this weekend and made some great finds. Ventured down into Oklahoma at an old fairgrounds. There was plenty of clad ($5.38) , tax tokens, thimble, ROTC Legion of Merit badge dated 1961, 1944 Washington, 1937 Merc, 1924 Merc, 1876 , 1907, 1904, 1892 IHP, a medal ribbon holder and a 14K GOLD, Keystone ladies watch WITH a real diamond. I researched the watch maker and evidently Keystone, sold out to Hamilton Watch Co. in 1891. Although the watch movements are totally trashed and rusted, the GOLD CASE is in great shape. Took it up to a jeweler friend of mine this morning and she confirmed REAL DIAMOND. I dug the watch at 9"+ on my second target Saturday morning so made my day early. Went back down yesterday for more gold but was only able to find silver and clad and IHP. GREAT WEEKEND
I ran the CTX in Coins/Ground Coin/Fast on/Deep On/ +3/Combined Tones

Attachments

• DSC02297.JPG
    DSC02297.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 834
  • DSC02298.JPG
    DSC02298.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 765
  • DSC02299.JPG
    DSC02299.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 797
  • DSC02300.JPG
    DSC02300.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 770
  • DSC02301.JPG
    DSC02301.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 736
Congrats on the haul of fine goods . Judging by the evidence on your pictures you are not only an able detectorist but you may also play scrabble and own a Dog .

I certainly don't know about able detectorist but YES, I own dogs and play scrabble. lol

That watch is quite a find! Congrats on it and all the rest!

Oh wow! That's a phenomenal find! To find a watch like that. what a dream!

Fantastic finds and story!

Skippy

How cool is that!!! Awesome find. There must be 3/4oz. Of 14k there???

Last edited:
Congratulations on the nice batch of finds. That fairgrounds needs hitting more what with that amount of treasure left there. Of course I'm aware it's probably a good distance for you to drive so it's not like you can go there anytime you want plus winter's coming on.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

What a great variety in this hunt Jerry. The Gold is a fantastic find and with Ice. Thimble, Watch, Token's all that would have made your outing successful. That's not even speaking of the Merc's, the Silver GW and the tribe of Indians. Two days in a glory field of history, Congrats my friend. Hope you can go back for more soon. Trapper

Really awesome hunting jerr, I've found a few gold plated watches, but never solid. Silver ones are tough to come by as well. I think ive only dug one or 2 pieces, never a whole one. Congrats on some great finds!

Wow man, fantastic finds!
Thank You zeemang

Just....fabulous!

Oh yea...welcome to the gold pocket watch club!
Thank You Digger

Congrats on the haul of fine goods . Judging by the evidence on your pictures you are not only an able detectorist but you may also play scrabble and own a Dog .
Thank You

Great goodies! I like the gold watch!
Thank You metaladdict,

That watch is quite a find! Congrats on it and all the rest!
Thank You

Oh wow! That's a phenomenal find! To find a watch like that. what a dream!

Fantastic finds and story!

Skippy
Thank You Skippy
How cool is that!!! Awesome find. There must be 3/4oz. Of 14k there???
Thanks, I wished there was that much gold there. lol
:woohoo: Congrats Jerr .. dang nice finds .. love the shiney !!
Thanks Dragon, dug the watch second plug of the day so anything after that was just icing on the cake.
Congratulations on the nice batch of finds. That fairgrounds needs hitting more what with that amount of treasure left there. Of course I'm aware it's probably a good distance for you to drive so it's not like you can go there anytime you want plus winter's coming on.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Thanks ecmo, I will be going back.
What a great variety in this hunt Jerry. The Gold is a fantastic find and with Ice. Thimble, Watch, Token's all that would have made your outing successful. That's not even speaking of the Merc's, the Silver GW and the tribe of Indians. Two days in a glory field of history, Congrats my friend. Hope you can go back for more soon. Trapper
Thank You Trapper, the watch was 9"+. When I first saw the gold in the bottom of the hole my heart fluttered.
Really awesome hunting jerr, I've found a few gold plated watches, but never solid. Silver ones are tough to come by as well. I think ive only dug one or 2 pieces, never a whole one. Congrats on some great finds!
Thank You cellrdwellr

Rare indeed, I have found so many pocket watches and parts, some plated and such. Only one silver complete watch and no silver parts, no gold watches either or solid gold parts.

Thank You Bigfoot, and YES it was a blast. Although I seldom venture out of my home town, I WILL BE GOING back here

Rare indeed, I have found so many pocket watches and parts, some plated and such. Only one silver complete watch and no silver parts, no gold watches either or solid gold parts.

Thank You TPmetal, sure was a shock when I seen GOLD SHINY in the bottom of the hole. Honestly I thought I had a gold coin. But, a gold watch with a diamond will do for now. lol

A solid gold pocket watch is so high on the average guys bucket list they forget to put it on a bucket list . Incredible report Jerr!

Someday you will have to take a photo of all your highlights over the years .
There is obviously more going on here then luck .
What a great post !
,Dew

A solid gold pocket watch is so high on the average guys bucket list they forget to put it on a bucket list . Incredible report Jerr!

Someday you will have to take a photo of all your highlights over the years .
There is obviously more going on here then luck .
What a great post !
,Dew

Thanks Dew, you know what they say, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom