Does that thing find gold?...Here we go again

Treasure2some

Elite Member
While on the beach shortly after arrival, we were approached by a nice Canadian couple who asked if our detectors would find gold. I answered that we were really just here for the Felix pennies, but yes it could pick up gold also. It turned out that the man had lost his gold bracelet in the water in front of his rental place on a small island nearby. We visited and found that without Scuba dee to plumb the depths for us we would need to wait for the conjunction of the lowest possible tide and daylight for me to attempt this recovery. That occurred this morning around 7AM. Recovery was Murphy plagued, but ultimately successful. More success this trip with our karma than with wild gold.
cd1d80b87d5e61b1beaf47f4fd4c21a4.jpg
9e8162638aa7a16dfcdc1eeb445fe388.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a nice save there!! You Florida boys are killing us northern's with the no shirts in the water... Come on Summer!

Nice... interesting scoop shaft you've got there. Any particular reason?

That the way they sold it
Bought 3 of them in the 90s
They were called beach brute.
They were great when I was younger but feel heavier every day.
Thinking about getting a scoop from Chuck.
I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man! The Tee2Some is on the gold! I bet that was a tough recovery!...all sorts of stupid stuff under the docks, plus, you had to get the tide right, and of course, Bullsharks to worry about!...Great pics and Wonderful Public Service you two are getting done down there! That sure woulda been a great wild find!

That is a MAJOR bucket lister for me, too bad ya couldn't keep it!
Great job on the find and return! 2 Gold already! :cool:

that's awesome....Karma may be a b***h, but she's also very generous when, like you, you're on the right side of her.

I hope he at least bought you a drink :)

Is that a CZ-20 or 21 if so how do you set up your ground balance ? Nice find and karma will follow.

Way to go. Look at that guys smile.

Love the rig and scoop. Hard core.

Nicely done! Posts like this really brighten up my day! (And improves metal detects reputation ;) )

Back
Top Bottom