E-trac vs deus depth

woodsrider

I sold my e-trac a couple years ago when I changed jobs and needed some extra cash. So now I'm in the position to replace it. But I have been thinking about the xp deus also. I know the etrac goes deep but it also wears out your arm after awhile. It will mostly be used at old home sites looking for coins. Has anyone had both machines? Will the dues go as deep as an etrac. I am currently using a mojave and cz21 with the box hip mounted. So both of my current machines are light weight. If I go with the deus I will get it with the remote and ws4 headphones. Any help would be appreciated.

yes it will. In my soil the deus had a slight edge on the 30/30 the big brother of the etrac. You just opened a can of worms all the minelab homers will be over here in a few :laughing: btw on old homesites I dont think the deus can be beat.

There are quite a few detectors that will go as deep as the E-Trac. What makes the difference is how well does the detector make knowing there is a deep coin there.

I've owned both and they are both great detectors. Once you've swung a Deus its hard to swing anything else. But when it comes to depth there is a difference. The Deus will sound off on those deep coins, like many other detectors, but it is hard to tell whether you have a deep coin or a deep piece of trash. The E-Trac, In my experience, has a much better target ID accuracy at depth.

Have run both detectors.

Deus has depth advantage on nickels and other lower conductive coins, jewelry.

High conductors closer in depth, milder ground Deus may be a little deeper.

Etrac has more what I call effective depth on higher conductors giving more near correct ID.

Also sites loaded with iron can be worked faster with Deus.
11" coil vs 11"" coil on both, Deus will kick Etrac's butt in iron.
Deus even over clean ground= noisier than Etrac, Deus is chatty, but this doesn't seem to keep it from finding stuff.
Etrac is less emi prone though. (Noise cancel).

You like mystery digs = Deus.

You don't like surprises= Etrac

I think after reading for some years now, Etrac is equal in dependability to Deus.

But the stock battery on Etrac is suspect, hence RNB aftermarket.
Will cost you additional $$ though.

Warranty periods are different with advantage Deus= 5 years, doesn't include batteries btw.
Some smaller aftermarket coils available for etrac, Deus coils are expensive, limited to just how small you can go.
Storage, transporting, collapsibility= advantage Deus.

Also there is a way to use Deus in the light rain with some ingenuity with a cheap pair of wired headphones.

You'll do more digging with Deus overall hunt for hunt even if trying to do select digging= so advantage Etrac here.
But doing select digging with etrac, user could pass up an unknowing good/great find.
WS-4 headphones, using them in areas with higher ambient noise or high wind could be problematic. But in the heat, a delight to use.
There are a few aftermarket full headphones available that will accept the puck you get with WS-4. I have the Vance headphones, has to spring a little, too tight and my head is not big. Love em though in the wind and higher noise, and cold.
I think this just about covers the comparison here.

Oh, forgot one thing.
Out the gate depth meaning ease of setup to get the max to near max depth site for site= Etrac.
Just hard to mess this up with Etrac,,since GB is automatic, bascially just a pattern and sens setting, ground difficult setting, gain set higher as well as variability.

Here's something too, and just my opinion.
Coins on edge, especially higher conductive, I deep down think on average Etrac wins.
This not even based on head to head comparisons, rather just use where both units have been. I see a pattern a think.
Might want to get some one else opinion on this subject.

Last edited:
I have owned both and hands down the Deus is deeper, may not ID as well as the E Trac but blows it away in the depth category.

I appreciate the insight so far. Most of the homes I target are mostly 1850-1930 and the soil is very mild. Coins don't come out of the ground corroded at all. If the etrac was lighter I wouldn't even think about getting something else since I'm familiar with it. The weight of the dues caught my attention and made me second guess myself. I will be placing an order this week for one of the two. I will have to get back on YouTube and watch some more videos on the deus. Keep the opinions coming all are appreciated.

I appreciate the insight so far. Most of the homes I target are mostly 1850-1930 and the soil is very mild. Coins don't come out of the ground corroded at all. If the etrac was lighter I wouldn't even think about getting something else since I'm familiar with it. The weight of the dues caught my attention and made me second guess myself. I will be placing an order this week for one of the two. I will have to get back on YouTube and watch some more videos on the deus. Keep the opinions coming all are appreciated.

Something to be aware of.
The videos you watch may not be of Deus with version 4 update loaded.

Version 4 based on my testing and use, better than the older versions.
Also deeper targets are easier to hear.
The audio much stronger on the deepies.

I just posted a video over in all about detectors about the silencer filters on version 4 hitting deep coins it shows all three versions hitting deep coins. yes one is freshly buried but the others have been in the ground for a year or more. btw my soil is mild and I have some videos of the deus hitting some deep coins in it.

I'm a hardcore minelabs user own all the big boys.....etrac, ctx3030, safari, Se pro...etc. but I just bought a new deus ws5 and really looking forward to putting it to work. In my own opinion my f75 Ltd2 set properly was deeper that my etrac. Congratulations on whatever choice you make

There are quite a few detectors that will go as deep as the E-Trac. What makes the difference is how well does the detector make knowing there is a deep coin there.

I've owned both and they are both great detectors. Once you've swung a Deus its hard to swing anything else. But when it comes to depth there is a difference. The Deus will sound off on those deep coins, like many other detectors, but it is hard to tell whether you have a deep coin or a deep piece of trash. The E-Trac, In my experience, has a much better target ID accuracy at depth.

Well said. On high conductors I feel like the Etrac/CTX has a slight depth advantage in my soil and gives a more accurate ID. Lower conductors, Deus is definitely deeper.

I've never run a Deus, but I don't consider the Etrac a deep-seeker, and I've run two of them. Been using Minelab for years.

I've never run a Deus, but I don't consider the Etrac a deep-seeker, and I've run two of them. Been using Minelab for years.

You're right. A Deepseeker is made by Garrett. LOL.

OK just kidding.

Why would you not consider the E-Trac a deep seeker? I've never gone deeper with any detector consistently on coins than with the E-Trac/CTX.

You're right. A Deepseeker is made by Garrett. LOL.

OK just kidding.

Why would you not consider the E-Trac a deep seeker? I've never gone deeper with any detector consistently on coins than with the E-Trac/CTX.

Maybe he is detecting for coins all the time on a concrete floor or some thing.lol

^^ This exactly!

I've owned the deus in 11" and 9" configurations. Both could "Hit" deep targets, but with very poor, to no tid accuracy. The Etrac may not have the extreme raw depth of the deus, but it's tones and tid are top shelf!

^^ This exactly!

I've owned the deus in 11" and 9" configurations. Both could "Hit" deep targets, but with very poor, to no tid accuracy. The Etrac may not have the extreme raw depth of the deus, but it's tones and tid are top shelf!

100 percent accurate in my experience with both machines too.

I appreciate everyone's help on this. I decided to go with the etrac with a pro swing 45 to help with the weight if it should start to bother me.It should be here tomorrow afternoon. I ordered it from Bart at big boys hobbies. If I doesn't work out I will give the deus a try next season.

I appreciate everyone's help on this. I decided to go with the etrac with a pro swing 45 to help with the weight if it should start to bother me.It should be here tomorrow afternoon. I ordered it from Bart at big boys hobbies. If I doesn't work out I will give the deus a try next season.

Congrats on your purchase.
Harness will help especially on longer hunts.

^^ This exactly!

As you and Terry have stated and most agree. I've been sitting on this video for 4 months because I know it will cause drama if not take for what it is. I did a freshly buried nickel battle with F75 LTD, Deus, Omega, and Etrac and it's totally not equal considering the coils sizes but that's not the point. It does give you and idea of how well machines ID deeper coins though...enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom