Check this out! FlashEarth

hi od, with all the sites everyone is finding its great to have options, flash earth loads quicker than google does, at least on my puter,wish there was more options to use, but all in all, great site, i save all sites until i find one with options i use, keepem coming, more the merrier.

Nice site. Little nicer with the closeups than Google Earth. Even a bit better than Bing maps. Nice closeups rather than birdseye. Anyone know how recent these images are?

FlashEarth v. Google Maps

The latter is MUCH sharper focus at close range. Note: Google MAPS, not Google EARTH.

Thank you OkieDigger. I am not new to MDing although still working on the research end which I find fascinating.:research: I have a hard time looking at those maps online. I don't know exactly what I am looking for... the laws I guess is what overwhelms me being that I am in White Plains with all of the historical sites. I would never want to break the law in any way... is there ways to see labels on the maps as to what is off limits? It feels so iffy... :?:

I really appreciate you adding this thread. We needed some new research links.

great tool, thanks for posting. it got me to thinking and i reinstalled google earth, which seems to go a little closer to the ground...

Back
Top Bottom