Lancaster,Pa

RobertE

New to the hobby and looking for someone to get together with to show me somethings and just hangout and have a good time

I think there is a metal detecting club around Lancaster. they have a hunt in the Lancaster park every year. Check them out . I will see if I can find you some info. Here is some info I found. Lancaster Research and Recovery Club New Holland PA. phone# 717-393-5175 Hope this helps I am sure you will find someone to detect with if you contact them. I here they are a great group of people.

Last edited:
I am from York started in Aug 2016 I have had great luck as a beginner I do best at coin shooting up to 17 rings one gold and one silver. ending the year @ $105.00 and some change Give a call work number 717 755-7600 between 10AM and 4 PM we can give her hell this spring ask For Don Smith.

Attached a pic from Dec 28th hunt

Attachments

• 20161228_172807.jpg
    20161228_172807.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 739
New to the hobby and looking for someone to get together with to show me somethings and just hangout and have a good time

Hi Robert.

I'm in State College, myself. You're in a pretty good location. It seems like all the really good stuff is on the eastern side of the state.

A bit far from Lancaster, but I did stop there for a day on the way back from another MD trip up near Philly last April. I killed it on the silver and indians in Buchanan Park though, so be sure to check that place out if you haven't already.

Welcome!
I'm also new and a little SouthEast, in Montgomery County... But would love to come out to Lancaster to detect. Will be most of the way there at French Creek State Park midweek.

Lancaster, PA

Welcome! I am new in that I am getting back into it after a 30 year hiatus. If you haven't yet found it check out LRRC.org.
I don't have any sites lined up but feel free to PM me.
Jim

....I killed it on the silver and indians in Buchanan Park though.....

Lucky you didn't get arrested and have your equipment confiscated because it's illegal to detect in Lancaster City Parks which might explain why there is still silver there.

FFX2, I'm not saying to "throw caution to the wind", but .... if "arrest" and "confiscated equipment" is ssseeooo imminent, then how do you figure TrpnBil's went un-bothered ? I suppose you would say he's "just lucky", eh ?

We have a few such supposed "dire locations" here in CA too (although admittedly not signed with specific "no md'ing" signs). Yet .... oddly ... you'd be hard-pressed to even find someone to even say "scram".

Lrrc

LRRC
I think there is a metal detecting club around Lancaster. they have a hunt in the Lancaster park every year. Check them out . I will see if I can find you some info. Here is some info I found. Lancaster Research and Recovery Club New Holland PA. phone# 717-393-5175 Hope this helps I am sure you will find someone to detect with if you contact them. I here they are a great group of people.

This club actually meets every month in Lancaster. Go to LRRC.org for more info. I joined in June.

Back
Top Bottom