Trying A New Field From The 1940's :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey folks, it's been quite a while, a few things have gotten in the way of me digging, of course the warm weather is one, now thankfully it looks like that is finally over, and the fact that I have been working full time Monday through Friday also. Anyway I went up to a new school field Sunday. This field is possibly from the 1940's and it doesn't look like it has been hunted very hard recently. I'm sure it has in the past, due to the lack of silver quarters and half dollars. But, there are a lot of clad quarters and deep silver dimes, so I don't believe it has been hunted much in this generation. I will definitely be going back soon as this place looks to be worth my time. A lot of clad and quite a bit of silver as you can see. A few of the finds came from an early 1900s grass strip and an old pounded park, but all of the silver came from the 1940's field. And I will be going back so stay tuned!!! Thanks for looking and HH Everyone! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 525
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 493
It appears that the previous hunters missed a lot of silvers. I think you have some virgin ground there. Nice collection of finds!

You never fail to amaze me Ron. Your research is stellar and the follow up effort shows the results. Congrats on all the Silver, the Buffalo's, the Indian and all the rest. Hope the return trips are all as great. Trapper

"lack of silver quarters and half dollars" :laughing: This describes everywhere I hunt...pretty much everywhere I have ever hunted.
Great post! Love the line-up of finds. Cool that you have both parts of the clipped silver GW!
Glad to see you are back at it.

Love it! My favorite coin is that cut quarter, now you can make change, haha! great finds, good place to hunt it looks to be.

Back
Top Bottom