Whites *UPDATED* NEW Pinpointer

Infor about White's pinpointer water/dust rating ...

I did a little research and this pinpointer is rated IP68 for water/dust protection ... so what does that mean???

A little further research led me to this info:

IP Rated Enclosures:

First Digit (intrusion protection)
0 No special protection
1 Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
2 Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
3 Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
4 Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
5 Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
6 Totally dust tight.

Second Digit (moisture protection)
0 No protection.
1 Protection against condensation.
2 Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical
3 Protected against spray up to 60° from vertical.
4 Protected against water spray from all directions.
5 Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)
6 Protection against string water jets and waves.
7 Protected against temporary immersion.
8 Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.

IP65 Enclosure - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against water projected from a nozzle.
IP66 Enclosure - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.
IP 67 Enclosures - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against immersion.
IP 68 Enclosures - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.

So it looks like you may be able to dunk it underwater long enough to pinpoint a target. I think I may have to get one of these. Oh wait, I already own 2 Garrett pro pointer, A minelab pinponter, and a Detector Pro pistol probe. You know what that means ... I NEED another pinpointer - I'm in !!:laughing:

if its waterproof it will be a hit....if not, then meh...just another copy of garrett.

Edit: just saw above info...if it is ip68 rated it will be waterproof. that is the same rating as the headphones connector for the ctx..

I guess I will wait until the official announcement to see if it is waterproof. The ad says one thing, the rating thing says another. Will have to wait and see the official release.

Whites Pointer

It looks like another Garrett Clone, like the Profind. It will be interesting to read the reviews after its release and see how dependable it is as well? I'm like Rebel I don't buy new releases, I have been burned by it! We all want and need a good dependable Pinpointer, we all know they don't make one yet! Hopefully now Whites does!!!
GL & HH....Pat

I guess I will wait until the official announcement to see if it is waterproof. The ad says one thing, the rating thing says another. Will have to wait and see the official release.

Been a while since I posted here, 3 years. The Whites pinpointer is splash and water resistant. There was no way to keep the price down and incorporate a submersible micro speaker, if they used a diaphragm to cover the existing speaker it made the volume to low. If a person only wants to use vibrate instead of tone they can always epoxy the speaker over and submerge to their hearts content, unless the button leaks at depth. It appears that the pinpointer has the same water resistance as the Garret and 10 times the features for the same MSRP.

It looks like another Garrett Clone, like the Profind. It will be interesting to read the reviews after its release and see how dependable it is as well? I'm like Rebel I don't buy new releases, I have been burned by it! We all want and need a good dependable Pinpointer, we all know they don't make one yet! Hopefully now Whites does!!!
GL & HH....Pat

You can bet Garrett is scrambling right now;)

I doubt it... they are gonna ride the GPP for yrs... start advertising it as the ORIGINAL lol hahaha....

So at $149 it will comein at $130 about. So once again the ML gets pushed aside because of price.:)

I doubt it... they are gonna ride the GPP for yrs... start advertising it as the ORIGINAL lol hahaha....

So at $149 it will comein at $130 about. So once again the ML gets pushed aside because of price.:)
Not with all the defects. I sold both my last propointers and am not buying any more:lol:

For every 1 complaint, there are 50 others with no issues. Just like every other product. Mine is over 6 yrs old, still chugging along.

Count me as one without any problems with the Garrett, and I've got two for years. That being said, I really want to see how the White's performs. The thing I hate about the Garrett is the inability to turn off the beep. I'm also liking some of the other features (lanyard built in, etc). Hopefully the dimensions are the same so it will fit in the Bomb 2 sheath I already have.

Nokta also sells them on EBay. Sent them an Email that I had concerns about their switch design. It was a slide type switch. Was concerned about dirt and moisture getting into it.

They wrote back that they were in the process of redoing the switch.

Maybe the new Whites design?

Jeff

I still haven't heard of anyone using a Nokta. Would be cool to give it a try sometime though. HH and GL

Whites pinpointer

The whites new pinpointer is deeper by a couple inches over the gpp on a quarter. Its an inch longer overall. You can push it hard down into the soil with no falsing its has several modes and feels very solid.

Nokta also sells them on EBay. Sent them an Email that I had concerns about their switch design. It was a slide type switch. Was concerned about dirt and moisture getting into it.

They wrote back that they were in the process of redoing the switch.

Maybe the new Whites design?

Jeff
Definitely NOT. White's did the design from scratch. Other than shape (just like the GPP and Minelab pinpointer), the similarities end.

The whites new pinpointer is deeper by a couple inches over the gpp on a quarter. Its an inch longer overall. You can push it hard down into the soil with no falsing its has several modes and feels very solid.

So you are saying the new TRX doubles the depth ability of the GPP then, and that's in the ground, not air test. The Minelab showed good range numbers in air too but failed in ground tests.

As long as the new Whites PPr gets a solid 3 inches in the ground and is stable, I will get one. 3.5" or four inches would be better though. I will believe it when I see it though.

Back
Top Bottom