I did the Mr.Bill mod!!!!!

Hi Sven. thanks for that information.
do you have any pictures of how you setup the Sat resistors to the potentiometer etc. it would be so much appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

I have done the mods and added the pot to adjust the SAT.

The instructions are:

I know on many you could have what the GMT has,V/SAT. It involves removing a resistor and
putting a potentiometer in its place,mounting it externally. So if your existing SAT resistor is
say,220k,then if you put in a 400k pot you could turn it way down for a faster speed and turn it
way up for an even slower speed than you already have,if needed. Variable Self Adjusting
Threshold-V/SAT! The 400k pot goes 0-400k,400 being the most resistance it can offer,0
being no resistance. Doing this instead of simply replacing the resistor takes the guesswork
out of hoping you have the right resistor for the speed you want. You can basically tune it
infinitely within those parameters.

You did a nice clean job on the mods!

Hi Guys.

i am new to the forum. i am also in the process of doing this Mod to my Whites classic SL

i have done the ground and threshold mod to the machine and they seem to be working ok. i have yet to add the SAT Mod to it though as i am still waiting for the resistor for that coming. i would like to try and do a variable SAT Mod to mine. i have heard that you can do a variable SAT Mod using a potentiometer. has anyone done this method to theirs. some info on how you would do/put together a variable potentiometer would be much appreciated.

the R24 resistor replacement. i only replaced that resistor with a 1Meg resistor. i read some were that replacing with a higher one than that can make the machine a bit chatty? is that correct. should i stay with the value that i have added. or put a higher one in?

also am i right that after the mod is done you can use other whites blue max series coils on the machine?

thanks in advance guys.

You didn’t by any chance send me a PM over on the geotech forum several days ago did you?

Hi coin chaser.
thanks for getting back to me. Yes i have been getting some very kind help from another member on the forum.

I guess I am going to give this a shot myself on a Classic 2 I picked up a couple of weeks ago unless I can locate someone to do it for me.

Hi again guys.

just wondering. has anyone ever done the frequency & normal-beach switch modification to there white's classic 11

thanks in advance guys...:good:

No Threshold after Mr. Bill Mod

So I just completed the Mr bill Mod and I don't have the threshold hum in search mode. Checked all steps in the process and everything seems OK. I did install a 500K pot with a 2.2M resistor running parallel which gives me a 378K maximum Ohm reading (this is for the variable SAT).

I'm going to pull the wires from the board and make sure I have continuity from threshold VR 4 solder lugs to the other components on the board. I did notice that the lug holes are so small I had to clip some of the small wires strands to get the wire to fit. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm starting to suspect one of the components.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

I have a coinmaster II that I did the mods on but really don't like the old single tone and now not really MD anymore.. If anyone is interested I would be willing to part with it cheap. PM me if interested. As far as the Threshold, mine was rather touchy with the radio shack pots used.. PM me if interested yeah no selling so probably get deleted but no looking to make money just rehome the old MD

So I just completed the Mr bill Mod and I don't have the threshold hum in search mode. Checked all steps in the process and everything seems OK. I did install a 500K pot with a 2.2M resistor running parallel which gives me a 378K maximum Ohm reading (this is for the variable SAT).

I'm going to pull the wires from the board and make sure I have continuity from threshold VR 4 solder lugs to the other components on the board. I did notice that the lug holes are so small I had to clip some of the small wires strands to get the wire to fit. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm starting to suspect one of the components.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
OK. I went through everything and verified that everything was installed properly with the right resistor values. The gound balance works perfectly, however, I still don't get a background hum for the threshold. The threshold and SAT pots only respond when I pull or push forward the pinpoint toggle then and only then do I get any response when adjusting these potentiometers and may I add it works great.

Is this the way it is supposed to operate? or do I still have some investigating to do?

Any help would be great.

The IDX is a silent search detector in the normal discriminate mode (trigger in center).
The threshold is used in all metal and pinpoint

Back
Top Bottom