Nokta Impact information

Some info as far as settings go for depth.
How depth is affected,,,varying key settings.
Using both 5khz and 14khz,,,with 5 kHz providing overall better signal. 20 kHz,,signal choppy with the following settings.
9" deep dime,,2 bars indicated soil mineralization meter Impact,,stock coil

Using DI99 mode
Gain at 70 with rest of settings at factory default,,,wearing headphones,,tone provided.

Raising gain incrementally all the way to 97,, tone becomes louder.
Going to 98/99 tone even louder,,,emi here can be noticed more though if present.

Leaving gain set to 95 using both 5 and 14khz,,,reducing disc down from default setting of 3,,, to ,2 then 1, than 0,,, signal gets better incrementally. Using 5khz here still a slightly better signal than 14 kHz with equal settings.

Now putting disc back to level 3,, and lowering Imask setting(folks need to be aware,,no designated Imask wording here on detector's screen,,but when using any mode not all metal,,,,this level depicted on screen is Imask setting. Default level is 1. Lower to 0 improves signal over all. Again using 5khz here still a slightly better signal than 14khz with equal settings. Raising Imask setting signal still good,,when I get to level 5,, signal wishy washy,,level 6 and 7,, signal all but gone.

Deep mode,,,gain at 95,,,even a louder signal than any of above mentioned using other equal settings noted above,,,louder,,,noticeable coil height above ground can be witnessed and still achieve good signal,,coil sweep speed not as forgiving vs non deep mode selected.

Using deep mode in conjunction with 20khz,,,a better signal than mentioned above,,,while using 20khz,,but still not what I would classify as good.

Have compared DI99, 2 tone,,over this target,,,signal wise very similar.
Meaning both give me IMO equal audio to alert and make dig decision.
Remember this is a solo dime,,,sanitized area.

Also remember this dime,,orientation wise is face up(more perfect detecting scenario) vs what could be expected on some dimes in the wild.

Remember 2 bars indicated on Impact detector mineralization meter,,,this place here with Dime measures 4bars using stock coil Fisher F75 detector,,,Deus about mid scale dots wise on minerlization meter.

Ground phase shown on Impact usually runs around 60 here.
Also,,ground balance manipualtion done over dime,,,no help signal wise noted.

Last edited:
Wireless headphones are rechargeable using cable provided with USB plug.
A cable is also provided with headphones,,,so the headphones if users desires or battery power becomes too low,,,,the wireless headphones can be plug in and ran as wired.

I don't know the battery hour run time here on these headphones.
Seems they are very similar to the ones used with Makro Racer 2,,,I haven't ever used these unfortunately.

Very in depth report as always,,well done.Do you plan on n keeping the unit,or do you need to return it?
As for the weight and balance,what would you compare that to?
Seems like a nice unit for hunting cellar holes and iron infested sites.I know the problems that I have with a lot of these newer higher frequency machines is they love can slaw,and ring it up as a high tone.If the impact has a way around that it would be a great park machine.

Very in depth report as always,,well done.Do you plan on n keeping the unit,or do you need to return it?
As for the weight and balance,what would you compare that to?
Seems like a nice unit for hunting cellar holes and iron infested sites.I know the problems that I have with a lot of these newer higher frequency machines is they love can slaw,and ring it up as a high tone.If the impact has a way around that it would be a great park machine.

I right now,,don't have any disposition instructions,,as far as the unit goes.

This detector being non fbs Vlf tech,,,works very well in modern trash,,,can slaw,,aluminum nuisance targets,,crown caps,,tin,etc.
Gives user definitely more odds by its functions and ways of operating to dodge more let's say junk targets.

Now for a person who is a dig all nonferrous,,,say seeking the gold finds like rings,,jewelry,,,this detector,,especially with smaller coil,,,will up the odds for detection on mystery nonferrous objects,,since it separates and unmask at extraordinary levels,,,level I have never witnessed until now.

Park hunters,,who want to dodge digging zincolns moreso,this detector will do.

As far as feel, weight and balance.
Definitely better feeling here than White's V3i,,,,impact doesn't have the nose heavy feel.

Minelab CTX,,Impact's angle of coil to the ground here,,with me holding the way I hold to detect,,,coil distance for Impact,,,from my feet,,closer vs CTX,

If I had to pick the one detector that mirrors how this Impact detector feels overall,,,with all wearing stock coils,,,I would have to say Fisher F75 series.

Impact definitely feels better than AKa Sorex/Signum, Blisstool V6,, all wearing stock coils.

Impact does balance better than Deus wearing 11" coil.

It is by its design,,a very good all arounder.

Right now based on my knowledge,,,for a one detector setup,,,to use in the most wide range of places on dry ground,,and no rain or snow falling,,,If I had to pick,,single out any detector model,,,,this group here becomes rather small.

And allowing for any available coil combo used,,,the list for me right now,,the way I see it,,,,White's V3i,,,Nokta Impact, Xp Deus,,,,,this is the list I come up with,,,now to be fair here I have not ran all worldly made detectors. The Minelab CTX here would finish a close second to this list of three.

Folks here should realize,,,,the Impact detector,,being updatable,,,it could be improved,,even over the course of its life span.

There could very well be an update done,,after release,,,but have no fear,,,it likely will be available to the user at their fingertips.

The detector in a sense,,,will always be under test,,,even by purchasers,,and I'm sure if a recommendation provided by a purchaser/user is doable and and worthy,,,Nokta will likely implement.

Is the sky the limit here?? No,,but definitely the ceiling is raised.

Notice the nail in pic,,,,ruler in pic to show length of nail.

What does a person usually think,,when we talk about running 0 disc level while hunting sites loaded with iron and nails??
A lot of head busting audio reports,,right.

Well,,I just came out of a site riddled with nails,,,Impact even at 0 disc setting,,very smooth running,,,with little audio reporting on iron and nails.

But the nail in pic,,with stock coil,,I can sweep down the barrel at 0 disc,,,and no audio provided. I used DI99 mode,,gain 99.
Now I can raise iron vol from 0 setting,,,and hear the nail,,,the setting of 1 here,,I really like for this. Impact gives a nice background sounding sound,,not harsh or anything,,very pleasant.

While I was in this nail riddled site,,,to virtually eliminate all audio provided using stock coil on iron and nails,,,,disc level 6 seem to do,,remember iron volume set to zero.
Now this still means,,,bigger relic iron things may try and come in broken,,some depending on what they are may come all the way through tonally,,but believe me,,,hunting in sites like this,,using Impact,,,a person likely won't get a headache. Been there and done that.

Alright,
Impact detector got a good work out today.
Overall impressive performance.

Went to one site riddled with iron and nails,,,ran stock coil,,and made a few finds,,this early this morning.

Then I went to a small park,,,houses may have stood there in time,,don't know for sure.
A polluted site,,compared signals on each and every target,,and would guess what the target would be if dug.

Only considered clean hits,,,,didn't want to make the folks mad digging up the area too much.

Using Impact I was doing very well at calling targets.
One target shy ID of being called a coin,,,I said if it was a coin,,and stated which coin,,it had some thing wrong with it.
Sure enough,,coin had a chip out of it.

This was also a good place to see how the impact did,,,emi wise.
I thought it did very well,,being in town,,and electric everything all around.

While hunting,,a gent stopped by,,told me to go down the road to a house he has rented.

So off I went,,,this house sits adjacent to a site,,where I dug a nice standing liberty half using Deus some months ago.

Anyway,,hunted it a while,,time was short as darkness was approaching.
Popped a couple nice ones right off the bat,,,merc,,and I think a silver button,,or at least silver plated.

Did do comparison here using etrac wearing 6x.8 SEF coil,,CTX wearing 6" coil.

I am really liking the Impact's abilities in and around modern trash.

I would hunt using 14khz,,and toggle to 5khz,,this exposes junk targets big time.

Only junk target dig,,,the part of the I think toy gun. Impact in 5khz would still give a higher reading on this.
The copper fitting I don't classify as a junk target.

Passing on zincolns using this detector,,a breeze to do.

A few of these found in site earlier today..

Check out the nail in pic,,,Using Impact with stock coil,,got a good signal,,started digging,,pulled the nail,,and said uh oh,,then went down deeper and pulled the harmonica reed,,,this in site early this morning.
Dug a buffalo nickel,,didn't do a signal comparison using Impact on it,,CTX read 12-12,,,hadn't saw any nickel signals in the yard period,,,maybe thinking I would get lucky,,sure enough.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been covered (ALOT of info here!) did your unit come complete with the wireless headphones? If so, are they a Bluetooth based wireless?
Also you say this unit is updatable, any word if they will have any programs like the Minleab Exchange and Exchange 2 ones?

Forgive me if this has already been covered (ALOT of info here!) did your unit come complete with the wireless headphones? If so, are they a Bluetooth based wireless?
Also you say this unit is updatable, any word if they will have any programs like the Minleab Exchange and Exchange 2 ones?

I did get headphones,,I don't think they are blue tooth.
I don't know exactly what the manufacturer will offer aside form the actual firmware updates.

But this detector not hard to set up.

Once a person gets familiar,,,set up time to hunt,,,even if you turn on detector with factory defaults loaded in,,,not long.
I even did this today.
I should say,,,if a person selects mode DI99,,,it is faster to get set up,,since you have no tone breaks or tone audio settings to make(not available),, so basically if you go this route,,,set disc,,iron volume,,freq,,Imask,,,,and start swinging after GB,, unless you want to enable ground tracking,,and let detector track in from the get go.

And using DI99 mode,,when you switch freqs,,,say you get one of those older bigger pull rings using 14khz,,they read pretty high,,toggle to 5khz,,you won't even have to look at screen,tone will be lower,,,TID will be too. So no worry how you have your tone breaks set,,,,like if you were using one of the other modes.
Where if you switched to 5khz,,you would need proper tone break set,,to sniff out junk targets(tone wise).

Some folks may be wondering,,for example why would I be hunting in say 14khz frequency,,versus using 5khz in a site with modern trash.

A person doesn't have to,,but doing so could have the following drawbacks.

First of all,,yes Impact is deeper on higher conductors using 5khz.

Next,,hunting using 14khz,,since Impact separates better here,,,a faster sweep speed is allowed in order for some targets to get better tone,,or be detected period.

Think about the following.
I mentioned this earlier,,but will go more into detail.

This detector,,with shift on the fly freq change offers something here special.

Let's say you are hunting in a site that you know is hunted hard by others,,,you may even know which detector(s) they use.

So you go into site,,,and let's say you know the person who frequents the site,,and they are a top notched detectorist,,they know their detector.

So in you go to the site with Impact detector in hand,,realizing how good it separates,,,and realizing Impact detector separates the best at 20khz,,and the worst at 5khz.

So let's say you get a dodgy hit using 14 kHz,,,,detector sees it but it's questionable,,you toggle to 20 kHz,and the signal improves,,,or you go to 5khz and the signal dissapears altogether.
What does this tell you???
Well, it could be telling you this is a challenged target,,especially if this what I've said above seems to be happening as you come around target a sweeping.
This particular target,,,has a much higher percentage of never ever been detected before. And if this happens while using smaller coil,,,this chance of never being detected before even higher.
So a Impact detector user,,can here,,,let the detector do all the work for them,,and yes you have iron volume to listen to as you sweep and pinpoint too to use to examine suspect target.

Now,,does this mean this suspect target is a worthy find?? No
But in hard hunted sites,,,I many times had rather take my chances on one of these vs a solo sitting in the wild target,,where everyone and their brother has swung over and studied.

Not to mention the fact the suspect target scenario I talk about here,,,a proper TID unlikely with any detector really.
But did your bud or previous detectorist ever actually hear this nonferrous target??

Just food for thought here.
I have used Deus in places and done similar,,especially in sites I know Minelabbers have busted hard,

Cheers

Alright, another hunt today using Impact and CTX (only small coil on CTX).

The hunted started using Impact detector wearing small coil,,an old home site,,with a still visible hand dug well, lined at the top with bricks.

I use to frequent this particualr spot back in the late 60s and 70 s looking for the fabulous tasting morel mushrooms.

I have before today ,,hunted this site 4 times,,,using Deus,,both 9" and 11" coils,,and Etrac (one hunt wearing 10x12 SEF coil), and CTX wearing both stock and smaller coils.
Until today never have found the first coin.
Using Deus the only finds found was an overalls button and a few zinc can lids.
I don't know exactly where the house sat,,but do guess based on well location,,and remembering the drive way access back when I was a kid.

This site,,super duper polluted,,,not just nails,,relic iron of all sizes.
This site today the harder on my ears using Impact. Did use small coil,,and stock coil,,,,will talk about stock coil later here.

Well I Fired up the Impact,,,and remembering what the Deus minerlization meter has told me in the past,,this ground pretty minerlized.
Doing GB over clean ground using impact with smallest coil,,,I would see a 3 bars temporarily flash in screen,,but then only 2 bars set on meter.

Right out of the gate I nailed a good signal,,,turned out to be a shotgun shell. I was tickled to see this,,,,since my nonferrous finds had been scant here in the past.
After digging,,moved over just a bit,,and bam 86 in the meter,,super steady signal. At about 6" deep,,a wheat head penny.

Oh, I forget to say,,,I opted for DI99 mode,gain maxed,,20 khz freq,,O disc,,,O Imask settings.

Hunted a while longer didn't find any more coins just shotgun shell or 2.
Thinking this spot where I found the coin,could be close to maybe front porch,,or steps,,I fired up the CTX,,using 6" coil and ran it around this immediate area where the coin wasfound,,used both auto sens,,24 and 26 manual,,combined mode open screen,,didn't make any finds.

So since this ground seems pretty mineralized,,I opted to put stock coil on Impact and check mineralization meter. So I did and sure enough 3bars showing. So while I had the coil on,,,what the xxx,,I hunted the site a bit using it,,,same settings as noted above,,but lowered gain to 95.
I am glad I did this,,,made a few finds,,and was shocked to see the following.

The finds made,,every one of them,,,were sitting off slightly to the side of bigger iron,,and one find off to the side of a zinc can lid. I actually came across the can lid and heard the nonferrous hit(adjacent). Had to do a double take,,but heard it on first pass of coil.

It was shocking to see just how far when pinpoint was engaged(with coil over adjacent iron and can lid)..,,how far the coil's edge could be advanced towards the find location and still be sounding off.

Remember this coil (stock) is 7" wide I believe,,,,but Deus,,smaller coil is 9" wide.

Did this difference here,,,was this the reason I made these finds using Impact and not Deus???
This happened not once but twice.

Running stock coil in this site,,,was definitely more sparkier than using smaller coil,,but the audio still talks to a person well IMO.

I am going to try to some some freshly buried coin test here in this area,,just to see if I can draw any kind of conclusions,,on how soil minerals affects,,vs where I live,,where he ground is somewhat milder minerlized wise.

So,,in a sense here,,Impact found me a bucket lister of sorts,,,not many sites old home,,where I haven't found at least one coin on them,,,today I can scratch this site off my list (from not doing).

Will also hunt this site some more,,,very challenging,,not big either,,,but a good site to put any detector through the ringer so to speak.

Last edited:
Using Vdi normalization with detector.

When normalization is selected,,,targets will report Vdi they normally report while using 14 khz (while operating in NOT normalized setting).

Beginners or lesser experienced folks using this detector may find having normalized setting turned on beneficial.

Notice in the pic below,,the box around "frequency".

When a person is using the Impact detector,,,wherever you last had this box,,selected on the various things,,,this is where it will come up when the expert button is pressed. As long as you don't turn the detector off.
Handy,,saves a little time from scrolling.

Now after about 8 seconds this box will dissapear.
You hit the expert key then it reappears.

So as not to mislead anyone,,some of these settings in expert menu,,not applicable to some modes while selected.

Below is a pic of the smallest coil. This is the coil that will be offered in the propack package.
Notice the ears on this coil.
They are well built.
I have had this thing in some rough place too,,bushes,,briars,stubble,,up against porches,,well casings,,barn footings,,you name it.

This coil,,,tighter than dicks's hatband too,,while in the iron and nails.
This coil shape wise out of the ordinary here for either Makor or Nokta.

While in the rough sites with gobs of nails,,modern trash, etc,,,,a person needs to watch their coil progression.

I have seen many instances when this coil allowed to to recover several crippled targets (masked),,, and coil position fore and aft extremely critical.

A hard coil,,and with detector design,,to saturate. It just keeps humming along.

Using 14 and 20 khz,,some separation I note using this coil,,I've never witnessed before.

Last edited:
Below is just part of the finds I have found using Impact detector,,,most of these found using smallest coil.
All these found in sites I've busted hard with many other detectors,,coil combos.

Some head to head done as well using other detectors.

Impact detector separates and unmasks nicelY.

Does anyone know what the odd looking find on the right side of pic is??

Also remember when I was hunting these sites with the finds posted here,,I was operating in a dig all nonferrous mentality.

EMI wise

My experiences so far reflect,,,20khz the most susceptible ,,followed by 14khz,,then 5khz.

Should also say,,separation even using 14 kHz is very good.

On some masked targets,,,20khz does offer more coil height/depth for detection.

On some heavily masked targets using 20khz,,I have witnessed similar behavior to Xp Deus,,meaning the nonferrous target is trying to trend toward iron tone,,but if user will listen,,there is enough audio provided to make a very good dig decision.

On non mask targets,,,this detector very forgiving on coil sweep speed,,,will definitely let you know to stop and investigate.

Depth meter,,it was recalibrated and what part of version update,,I like it better now since.

Maximum performance in medium mineralized ground,,,key setting Imask=0

This detector while wearing small coil,,,when comparing to other detectors wearing small coils,,and Xp Deus wearing 9" coil,,,some targets these other detectors struggle on or " no detection period",, Impact will provide clean hit.

Also should note,,so far hardest detector to hunt behind in areas loaded with iron and nails=Nokta Relic detector wearing smallest coil,,,but Impact with its audio,,and tighter coil can in fact hunt behind,,not easy but can-- user must bear down to do. And folks this is from a detecting anything nonferrous standpoint. Target ID unimportant.

Should also say,,Deus loves round disc shaped targets, no doubt,,Nokta relic,,definitely favors out of round odd shaped better than Deus,,,don't have enough data yet to classify Impact exactly. But so far like what I'm seeing from both round and odd shape nonferrous as far as detection.

Last edited:
More data.
Used the Impact today in what I've deemed my detector grounds testing site.
Did take Deus with 9" coil along,,will comment on it later.

Having mentioned this site before on other forums.

A 2.5 hour hunt,,,mission was to find a nonferrous target.
This area measures in about a 40 ft circle,,loaded with old relic iron,,nails,,site dates back to at least mid 1700s. No modern trash.
I have busted this baby hard with Deus,,9" and 11" coils,,F75se with small coil and stock,,White's V3i with 10x12 SEF coil,,Etrac with both 10x12 SEF and 6x8 coils as well as 5" Sunray coil,,CTX with stock and 6" coils,, Makro Racer 1 and 2 using small coils only,,Nokta relic using smallest coil only.
A site,,if just one nonferrous is found,,,person might should be awarded a medal,,not gold maybe,,but at least a bronze or silver.
All my hunts using all detectors has been in the past,,to dig every nonferrous target I could find.

I have never found a coin,,in this site,,have found buttons,,3 Civil War buttons,,musket balls, a few modern bullets,etc

Run the Impact in 20 kHz exclusively,,DI99,, Imask at 0, gain maxed at 99,,disc was varied between 0-4,,and I will comment on this later,,with a few pics.

A note here,,,this site seems to be the crossroads for aircraft traffic,,,there is also a natural gas station,,some 350-400 yards away from site.

At times today,,,emi using 20kh!,horrific,,,every single time,,Inexperienced this,,I could here an aircraft overhead. Even trying to mitigate by offsetting frequencies while staying in 20khz,,little help sometimes,,and no help others.
I did have a smaller plane come over the top of me,,,no emi interference noted.
Also,,when I would toggle over to 14khz,,never did experience this when checking,,,I did not hunt using 14khz.

There was a cloud ceiling,,so I could not see aircraft,,,but could recognize smaller plane by engine noise.
Were they all commercial,,or some of them military,,I can't say. Military aircraft,,do have some gadgets on them,,commercial aircraft don't. I know this from my time in USAF,,working on some of the models.

These periods of terrible emi,,we're not long lasting,,temporary,,,some lasting only for 3 minutes,,some less.

This site contains 2 bars soil according to detectors meter,,,with stock coil attached,

Soil conditions today,,wet but not overly.

These targets/finds not listed in order discovered,,,but I feel the need to share with folks.

This first pic,,,it gave me based on my remember my limited time of possession of using Impact a target I would dig,,and this target gave me what I call,,not a desperation target for me to dig,,based on all info gained while sweeping coil over and changing sweep directions and approach angle.

I believe these 2 items were in fact superimposed over each other,,,did give what I classify as a dig me signal. Both of these are ferrous materials.

Notice the target below,,,the nonferrous one is about the size diameter wise as 12 gauge shotgun shell(made of lead I think),,the other thing a piece of iron. This target gave a 72 in the window,, with fluctuating TID,,,wishy washy audio,,turning 90 degrees,,,based on what I saw,,target still gave a decent meter reading,,TID windshield wiping even more,,audio a tad worse than before. One thing I noted,,TID never dropped into single digits ever,,,but if I would have been a betting man would have guessed relic iron. Usually though on iron,,one way may give a TID,,,that is more steady,,and turning ID will bounce Ben moreso,,with even lower numbers coming in at the lower end.
When I dug and flipped the plug,,I could see the iron piece,,removed it,,swept plug and heard the whatever this thing is. About 1" off to the side and above the iron,,this thing was living. I should also note here,,,This makes 4 times total while using the small coil I have seen this,,,where a bigger piece of ferrous existed below and slightly off to the side,,,and recovered a nonferrous target,,,was using small coil every time,,,and all these find made,,were in areas where Deus with 9" and 11" coils have been used boatloads. This small coil,,is tight,,tight as all get out,,,I firmly believe this coil is flushing out some nonferrous targets that are being subjected to moreso under target masking.

Okay,,after about an hour of hunting with Impact,,I thought I would try to find a target with Deus with 9" coil in site. Run 18khz,,reactivity 3,,, then opted for reactivity 4,,,remember I was looking for any target tone wise I could possibly dig. In this fashion,based on this site's detecting history,,I was operating moreso in a desperado fashion,,,so I did find one target,,at least semi worthy sounding,,,checked the target in reactivity 3 after locating. Disc level at 2.
I would have give this particular target odds wise based on my total experiences and knowledge of Deus,,this target a 1 in 5 chance of being a nonferrous target. So I marked the suspect target,,,turned off Deus,,got the Impact with small coil fired it up,,swept suspect target from all angles,,,based on what I saw and heard,,even with my limited experience with Impact detector,,,I would have give this suspect target a 5 percent chance of being a nonferrous target.

Turned out to be an old square nail,,6" deep.

The pic below,,a musket ball,,and 2 nails.
This area had soldiers stationed to fight off the Indians back in the 1700 s.
Have found these on the farm which this site is part of.
Only found 3 of these before today in this area (site wise) though,,,1 with Deus,,2 with Nokta Relic.
This target found with Impact disc at level 3.
This musket ball,,provided a hit,,,ID jumping up and down,,,and when turning 90 degrees,,my odds based on what I saw here,,they got somewhat lower as far as betting a nonferrous target even existed here.

Upon digging,,I missed the target entirely,,,did pick it up though with pinpointer,,in side of hole,,,at approx 5" deep the musket ball was dug,,I swept the side of the hole and heard something else,,,just a bit lower than musket ball,and tightly positioned off to side of musket ball,,the 2 nails. I tried to recover all the ferrous here,,,I don't think I got all the bits and pieces cause my pinpointer was going off in the rust in the dirt. But for time sake,,I called it good and packed up and left for home. Again another find with ferrous below nonferrous level. Maybe I should rephrase and not call this under target masking,,but under target plane masking.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the odd looking find on the right side of pic is??

Part of a lantern maybe?

0843bfcfa298d3eaa9c94eabfc258dc5.jpg

e02276e9afa8d5774475b4a5e7e13d6a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom