• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first piece of shiny.

matthew.

I went out after work last night and managed to fine a couple things. My last signal of the night, I popped the plug and saw nothing. No signal in the plug, nothing in the bottom. That’s hapoened a couple times being new to detecting, so I wasn’t too concerned. As I was pulling the pin pointer out of the hole... a beep. In the side wall, just peeking out, a see a little sliver of what I imagined me to be another pull tab or piece of siding, as the yard I’m searched by is full of it. I pop it out, low and behold, my first piece of silver! A perfect way to end the night. I ended up with $.78 in clad, a ford piece with threading in the inside, another mystery piece, and a sterling silver ring. A great way to end a !!!!!! day working.

Attachments

• 7C9298A5-9063-4877-B6DB-600ABBFCFB91.jpg
    7C9298A5-9063-4877-B6DB-600ABBFCFB91.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 543
  • F4CFF206-86F0-49EF-AA71-262432FADE20.jpg
    F4CFF206-86F0-49EF-AA71-262432FADE20.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 1878EBCC-3030-4622-9A88-54EAC166279A.jpg
    1878EBCC-3030-4622-9A88-54EAC166279A.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 532
Great job on the silver ring. It's a nice looking ring.

Congrats on your first silver.. Hopefully there will be many more and some gold too!

Got my first silver ring last week! Great job! That's a Ford hub cap isn't it?

I went out after work last night and managed to fine a couple things. My last signal of the night, I popped the plug and saw nothing. No signal in the plug, nothing in the bottom. That’s hapoened a couple times being new to detecting, so I wasn’t too concerned. As I was pulling the pin pointer out of the hole... a beep. In the side wall, just peeking out, a see a little sliver of what I imagined me to be another pull tab or piece of siding, as the yard I’m searched by is full of it. I pop it out, low and behold, my first piece of silver! A perfect way to end the night. I ended up with $.78 in clad, a ford piece with threading in the inside, another mystery piece, and a sterling silver ring. A great way to end a !!!!!! day working.

heck yeah. that's a GREAT ring! Well done!

Nice job and good persistence pushing through the garbage. Ford item looks nice too, was searching Ford hub/grease caps just now, some worth decent $$.

That's one very lovely ring. A big congrats on your first silver! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom