Question about my Tesoro Sand Shark

I have the same problem as soon as my coil gets wet. Please post what the final out come is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem as soon as my coil gets wet. Please post what the final out come is.

I will, but it’ll probably end up being me sending the metal detector back for a refund.:(

That coil wire is fine (at least the way it's wrapped). :roll:

Honestly I thought so too, but I’m giving Vince and Tesoro the benefit of the doubt. I ran the wire straight up the plastic part of the shaft last night like he suggested and didn’t start winding it till the metal part.
There is no way there’s any play now or pissiable interference. I’m just waiting on my wife and daughter now and then we’ll be heading to the beach.

I bought the sand shark and the coil was bad out of the box. They sent me a new unit. It also appears to be bad. I have used the new unit twice in salt water and it goes crazy after 10 to 15 minutes in the water, it’s not settings. I have 8 detectors and hunt the water. I need to get it back in the water again then contact tersoro. They respond well but I’m not happy with the sand shark. I use minelab and love the ctx and excal. I have the equinox on order.

Well if it's stable I hope you do a couple hours dry/damp sand hunting before going in the water. (at least get some use from it)

My detector will be in their hands by today according to tracking.

Well if it's stable I hope you do a couple hours dry/damp sand hunting before going in the water. (at least get some use from it)

My detector will be in their hands by today according to tracking.

I took it to the beach today and it was still doing the same thing. I just sent an email to Serious Detecting so hopefully they'll live up to their 30 no questions asked return policy.

BUT on the bright side..my wife has been seeing my frustration and has given me the green light to get ANY detector I want. Now the fun begins.

I bought the sand shark and the coil was bad out of the box. They sent me a new unit. It also appears to be bad. I have used the new unit twice in salt water and it goes crazy after 10 to 15 minutes in the water, it’s not settings. I have 8 detectors and hunt the water. I need to get it back in the water again then contact tersoro. They respond well but I’m not happy with the sand shark. I use minelab and love the ctx and excal. I have the equinox on order.

Sorry with your luck too! I emailed Serious Detecting telling them Id like to return it today and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

My dad uses only his Excel and I had one before we had our first little one. Now that we're expecting again I figured I'd finally grab one before its too late lol. How do you like your CTX for the wet sand? I can't really get in the water where I live because of the leases so I mostly hunt wet sand but would like something I can take to the parks as well.

I love my ctx it’s a great machine. Also have 2 Excalibur and now I’m waiting for the Equinox.

I love my ctx it’s a great machine. Also have 2 Excalibur and now I’m waiting for the Equinox.

My dad and I both had an Excal 1000 year and year ago. He still has his but I’m looking at the CTX to be my wet sand and inland detector for now till I can afford more toys lol
Plus, I’m sure my wife would like to see gold coming in before more detectors. How does yours compare to the Excal on wet sand for you?

Back
Top Bottom